• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Laptop recommendations?

Slegnaac

50 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That does look like a good deal.

The 500 - 800 range,  maybe I should have said moderately priced.

Thanks for the link. 

That one isn't bad GB, but not worth the extra $200. It has 8GB more RAM yes, but it's the older DDR3 and opposed to the newer DDR4 standard. It does have a slightly better dedicated graphics card though, but the big thing is that its last year's Intel processor generation, whereas the Acer has the brand new just released generation of processors.

3 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That one isn't bad GB, but not worth the extra $200. It has 8GB more RAM yes, but it's the older DDR3 and opposed to the newer DDR4 standard. It does have a slightly better dedicated graphics card though, but the big thing is that its last year's Intel processor generation, whereas the Acer has the brand new just released generation of processors.

Yeah, one thing about Dell.  They tend to be late.  I'm actually thinking about going back to a desktop.  But man, so many options, and it adds up quick.  Plus the tech changes so quickly.  It's like once you get it, it's already old.  But at least with build your own, you could only be a few steps back on the price range.  Instead of paying a premium for a premade build.  But I usually get overwhelmed, and instead decide to get drunk.

What does she need to do in photoshop? If it's just doodle around and no heavy processing most entry level laptops should be able to deal with it. Some of their more advanced functionality relies on the graphics card and entry level laptops aren't going to give you much bang for the buck there, but I'm guessing she would be doing much of that. Performance might be a little slow with Photoshop, but again, probably something she wouldn't notice much.

What does she need to do in photoshop? If it's just doodle around and no heavy processing most entry level laptops should be able to deal with it. Some of their more advanced functionality relies on the graphics card and entry level laptops aren't going to give you much bang for the buck there, but I'm guessing she would be doing much of that. Performance might be a little slow with Photoshop, but again, probably something she wouldn't notice much.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

She is interested in taking an online art class. This is the website she sent me.

https://www.schoolism.com/faq.php

I looked at the FAQs to check for system requirements and they indicate that the students use Photoshop for their assignments. 

Thanks! 

I have never used a laptop for photoshop, it never seems to be enough window space to fit all of the tools. I've seen guys using a laptop for after effects and it would drive me crazy. 

I think two requirements for successful graphics work on a laptop is the card and monitor clarity/purity. It is one of the reasons most people pick up a Mac but that is a big investment dollars for what she seems to want to pay.

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I have never used a laptop for photoshop, it never seems to be enough window space to fit all of the tools. I've seen guys using a laptop for after effects and it would drive me crazy. 

I think two requirements for successful graphics work on a laptop is the card and monitor clarity/purity. It is one of the reasons most people pick up a Mac but that is a big investment dollars for what she seems to want to pay.

laugh...good point, wasn't even thinking about that...in part because I never use photoshop on the laptop because it's such a pain in the ass with the small screen size!

But, that is easily solved in you can buy an external monitor for pretty cheap for when you needed more screen space for specific assignments or work.

On 12/21/2016 at 10:17 AM, Blarg said:

95% of the time I use my MBP connected to a 34 inch monitor. When I use it as a laptop my productivity plummets. Generally I don't have much issue with photoshop on the laptop though, I just can't multitask. After Effects / Premiere, really anything video related I can't manage on the laptop.

14 hours ago, red321 said:

move your music out of iTunes.

move it to where and do what with it? i have very little understanding of my dell, so walk me through it.

one of the kids in the high school came up to help me a few months ago, and he was able to transfer all of my music from my old mac and iTunes to the dell. it's now located in my google docs folder but because i no longer have iTunes, i can only play one song at a time as they're each in individual folders. i can't click on an album and have it play all of the songs one right after another, and it really blows. one song plays and then finishes. then i have to click on another song in another folder for it to play. then repeat ad nauseum. i want to stop having to do this.