• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Players Better than Mike Trout

Give ME a break. You guys are so quick to hate on this team, why don't you just go root for a new team since you clearly can't ever be happy with this one. A 20-0 win would be greeted with "Hamilton struck out twice, when he hit three homers" it's ridiculous. You don't think pitchers spent a little extra time preparing for Trout over the off season, especially since they finally got film on him? So sorry he isn't hitting .400 with 30 steals 10 homers and 30 RBIs yet. Oh wait, that still wouldn't be enough for some of you.

Calm down and have a snickers. 

I think Trout would be better as lead off.  It was a mistake to move him there.  He was hitting better as lead off hitter, look at the stats.  Plus, Trout would forget trying to drive in runs and hit the homer and focus more on getting on base and stealing bags. 

Give ME a break. You guys are so quick to hate on this team, why don't you just go root for a new team since you clearly can't ever be happy with this one. A 20-0 win would be greeted with "Hamilton struck out twice, when he hit three homers" it's ridiculous. You don't think pitchers spent a little extra time preparing for Trout over the off season, especially since they finally got film on him? So sorry he isn't hitting .400 with 30 steals 10 homers and 30 RBIs yet. Oh wait, that still wouldn't be enough for some of you.

Calm down and have a snickers. 

Quick to hate on this team? The season is 25 games in and the Angels are 1 game above the worst record in the American League! They are 1 game above the Houston Astros! They are ATROCIOUS! There are so many holes on this team it doesn't even look like things will get much better. Believe me, if it were last year you would have an argument but we all witnessed the atrocity which was 2012 first half season and now the 2013 season looks even worse! Atleast last year we had Torri Hunter and Zach Greinke who were GREAT. This year we have a much much worse starting staff with our ACE on the DL until June. Compare last years team to this years and tell me whats better. Correct, last years team was better and it was a TRAIN WRECK SEASON. Hey I agree this team isn't a last place team, but they sure aint even close to a first place team. The best thing they could do is get on a hot streak and possibly finish the season at .500. You need to open your eyes pal, blind faith don't win championships. Smart management wins championship, something this team greatly lacks.

I don't think where he is hitting in the lineup has anything to do with his struggles. I think that there is now a book on him, and pitchers are exploiting his weaknesses, and will continue to do so until he counters. This is why sophomore slumps happen. Pitchers adjust. Hitters need to do the same.

I think being back at lead off and in CF will do him well. Comfort levels are a big part of baseball and that is where he did most of his damage last year.

Yeah, seeing Bourjos on second base was making Trout feel uncomfortable.

IF you want to look at who's more clutch (ie, has a high win probability added to date):

Albert Pujols 0.59 

Mark Trumbo 0.32

Howie Kendrick 0.25

Peter Bourjos 0.19

Mike TrOut -0.10

Chris Iannetta -0.35

Josh Oforeighton -1.08 (185 of 191 in MLB)

Mike Moustakas is at the bottom of the pile with -1.42 wins

Josh Donaldson leads MLB with 2.08 wins.

Among sophomores, Bryce Harper leads (10th in MLB) with 1.25 wins.