• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Langston coaching?

Chuck

Read this blurb about Tyler Skaggs. I often wondered if Langston's suggestions on the air ever translated to on the field coaching. Super stoked that he's involved, especially with regards to holding/picking off runners. He was fantastic at that while in the bigs. 

Slowing the ground game

The Angels will send left-hander Tyler Skaggs to the mound Wednesday looking for improvement in one critical area: holding runners on base. The Cleveland Indians stole seven bases against him in his most recent start.

Skaggs worked with pitching coach Charles Nagy and broadcaster Mark Langston, a left-handed pitcher during his playing career, on his technique Monday.

“Obviously they were reading him well,” Scioscia said. “He was giving them a good jump. He’ll have to adjust that for sure.”

Skaggs stands 6-foot-4. Like many pitchers his height, he was relatively slow to deliver the baseball before undergoing Tommy John surgery in 2014. Scioscia declined to say how fast Skaggs’ delivery time to the plate was Friday.

15 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

I would like Langston to be the pitching coach. His insight on the radio makes me thing he would be good at it. He seems to notice little things about pitchers and adjustments they should make. 

I honestly forgot Nagy was the current pitching coach.

Yeah you don't hear much of Nagy, not that it really means that much.

I'd like Langston to be our tv color analyst, personally. He's good some solid insights.