• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels can make history!

Just now, Kevinb said:

Agreed it's on Jerry but my only thought is  we don't know if it's being influenced from the top down and that might have been a reason for the departure like he did. It could be simply making assumptions but in my head it was somewhere in the middle of he was tired of being "bullied" into making deals he didn't want and was no longer wanting to be the middle man. And saw that he was gonna be let go at the end of the year with all the "fighting" internally so decided to bail early

They had just recently picked up his option for the following year, he wasn't going to be let go. Also there was an article posted recently about someone that worked for the Angels and the way I read it is Jerry had talks about signing Albert very early on after being hired.  Albert wasn't thrown on him, he was actively involved and Arte closed the deal.  

Just now, Stradling said:

You are the only person I've seen speculate that Scioscia is the cause of Richards injury and this board is not thin on people who like to blame Mike.  

I'm not saying it's his fault his elbow snapped. My theory when I read the article that week one Richards was throwing 100 mph that he was gonna have his elbow explode before the end of the year. And as a manager if you see someone come in that hot in camp you need to shut him down or you need to tell him to slow your role. It's a long season and no one other than Nolan could probably throw 100 year round. Richards just like anyone else has to warm into that stuff. Just my opinion but ya

Just now, Stradling said:

They had just recently picked up his option for the following year, he wasn't going to be let go. Also there was an article posted recently about someone that worked for the Angels and the way I read it is Jerry had talks about signing Albert very early on after being hired.  Albert wasn't thrown on him, he was actively involved and Arte closed the deal.  

Hmm I thought Chuck was saying from his sources or what not that Arte was the one who spearheaded the Hamilton and Pujols deals?

16 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Hmm I thought Chuck was saying from his sources or what not that Arte was the one who spearheaded the Hamilton and Pujols deals?

I can't recall Chuck's information off the top of my head, but besides that and just the way it has gone down, that's the way it always sounded to me. From what I recall both had very personal conversations with Arte before signing on, which is a big part of the reason on a personal level he was so willing to give them the type of money they're earning.

Which as far as I am concerned is one of the reasons Hamilton was no questions asked to screw off and not be an Angel after he dicked Arte.

Not that druggie Hamilton has a conscience or gave a crap either way after signing for guaranteed money, which I can't believe Arte fell for.

But I know Pujols has a heart for the game, which is why the guy plays his guts out, even though he stinks, or if he's hurt.

Beatlesrule, spend a season watching another team, all managers make mistakes, why because players make mistakes.  You know what else happens, the other team outperforms you. So the manager could call a hit and run and the pitcher just beats the batter on a perfectly located fastball.  When that happens the manager looks like an idiot.  

I am just looking for a board like Pujols in the outfield for the number of loses in a row. Maybe we should be lighting the Halo up on each of these loses. Do we get even to the record or even break the losing streak record. Whats the major league record for losing consecutive games in a row. Can we make this happen? Is this something to celebrate :) 

16 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Disagree. A general manager needs legitimate control to fix this mess and the events under Reagins and Dipoto suggest that hasn't been the case with Scioscia as the manager. Regardless, it would be more than nice to have a manager who used and implemented even basic sabermetric theories.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. 

16 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

You gotta watch out for those token ex-player hires like Stoneman.

Oh geez. I didn't say it was bad. Read what I wrote. It's a token hire meaning he probably wants to get in the front office and it's all about relationships. Eric doesn't have a high position in the front office. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Nothing wrong with his hiring. A lot of ex players do stuff like this. 

15 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I think another thing that bothers people about Mike is his loyalty to veterans over giving chances to young guys. I just remember him playing Finley for the entire season while barely batting above 200 until finally in September making a change. It seems like he does that kind of stuff a lot. I don't watch other teams at all so I'm not sure how other managers do things but. It seems that kind of stuff rubs people and myself the wrong way

What young players was he refusing to play over Finley? You have two choices, Chone Figgins (27) or Frosted Tips Rivera (26). Chone was an infielder and Rivera was a slow footed left fielder. 

There was no young Peter Bourjos or even a Reggie Willits in the minors to promote.

He stuck with Finley because they didn't really have a defensive center fielder to replace him with. Eventually he put Figgins out there even if he didn't have a clue whether to charge or go back on a fly ball.

13 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I'm just sad there is only a month and a half left of crappy Angels baseball. After all, crappy Angels baseball is better than almost six months of no Angels baseball.

Get your fill now while it lasts.

I agree with this. I still had so much fun in the US last month watching this team. It was kind of sad, but it's much better than nothing. I've used this season to pay more attention to baseball on a broader level to get my fix too.

26 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I'm just sad there is only a month and a half left of crappy Angels baseball. After all, crappy Angels baseball is better than almost six months of no Angels baseball.

Get your fill now while it lasts.

At least we have crappy Lakers basketball to look forward too. I'm just glad they committed to the full out rebuild instead of being stuck in purgatory.