• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lince-done

6 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Dipoto was a quitter plain and simple.

If he had had any class at all he would have finished the season and then left.

There was no immediacy to his leaving other than his bruised ego.

Jerry took his ball and went home like a little boy and left the Angels hanging in the process.

But Scioscia

2 hours ago, shine said:

My English may not be good, but my knowledge of baseball is better then some of the Galactically Stupid on this board. Nice managing by Scioscia again last night.

Honesty you are the only one with a high opinion of your baseball knowledge.

What is Scioscia actually managing, is it a competitive major league team or a patchwork of players that probably shouldn't even be on the roster?

Please tell us all how many choices he had last night at his disposal when Skaggs gave up four runs (9 hits, 3 walks, 2 DBls 2 HR) and left the relief corps with two runners on in the 6th?

How many quality starts have the Angels gotten out of their starters this season?

How many relievers have come and gone from the roster that have been ineffective?

Then tell me all about how Scioscia is not doing enough to win games.

One has to understand where Bob (shine) is coming from. He really doesn't like the Dodgers, actually, he hates the Dodgers and everything associated with them and that includes Scioscia, Hatcher, or any other former Dodgers that have been employed by the Angels.

I don't want to speak for Bob but I think it bothers him that the Angels haven't employed more former Angels. After all the Angels have been around for 55 years and one would think that there would be a few former Angels that could serve the organization in some capacities such as manager or GM etc but apparently the powers that be don't seem to think so.

As far as Dipoto and Scioscia go there was obviously friction there but I seriously doubt that was the sole reason Dipoto jumped ship and Bobs (shine) constant blaming of Scioscia for everything is overdone due to his hatred of everything related to the Dodgers. 

ymmv

You should speak for him because quite frankly all we've heard from him is his childish take on Mike Scioscia with the letters BF attached to it. Or GROSS attached to it.  So if you have some insight into his fandom it certainly wouldn't hurt.  

14 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

One has to understand where Bob (shine) is coming from. He really doesn't like the Dodgers, actually, he hates the Dodgers and everything associated with them and that includes Scioscia, Hatcher, or any other former Dodgers that have been employed by the Angels.

I don't want to speak for Bob but I think it bothers him that the Angels haven't employed more former Angels. After all the Angels have been around for 55 years and one would think that there would be a few former Angels that could serve the organization in some capacities such as manager or GM etc but apparently the powers that be don't seem to think so.

As far as Dipoto and Scioscia go there was obviously friction there but I seriously doubt that was the sole reason Dipoto jumped ship and Bobs (shine) constant blaming of Scioscia for everything is overdone due to his hatred of everything related to the Dodgers. 

ymmv

so why do the rest of us have to bear the brunt of his blind rage?

17 minutes ago, shine said:

One example for you . Yes, the Angels pitchers are weak. Scioscia playing small ball . Stupid Scioscia baseball. Go with You're strengths. He had Perez sac. last night. Stop manufacturing outs. Play for the big inning. 

Perez his not a long ball hitter, in fact he is not really even a hitter so he is tasked with moving a runner forward instead of erasing him in a double play. You play big when you have the tools, tool. 

56 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Honesty you are the only one with a high opinion of your baseball knowledge.

What is Scioscia actually managing, is it a competitive major league team or a patchwork of players that probably shouldn't even be on the roster?

Please tell us all how many choices he had last night at his disposal when Skaggs gave up four runs (9 hits, 3 walks, 2 DBls 2 HR) and left the relief corps with two runners on in the 6th?

How many quality starts have the Angels gotten out of their starters this season?

How many relievers have come and gone from the roster that have been ineffective?

Then tell me all about how Scioscia is not doing enough to win games.

Hey Blarg, you're not playing fair... you're using facts which is strictly prohibited.

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If this is all he brings Doc we shouldn't have to bear it for long.  So far he has been nothing but a troll, we have rules against that. 

Bob (shine) is from the old Angels MLB board and so am I. His hatred of the Dodgers and Scioscia is well know by those of us that posted there. While it can get tiring I don't think he is a troll. He does have other valid opinions regarding Angels baseball. I can't say for sure but I believe shine has been an Angel fan for many, many years.

btw..I don't agree at all with Bob's opinion of Scioscia and I don't think he's a troll..annoying, probably, but not a troll. lol

ymmv

21 hours ago, Oz27 said:

There's a difference between not finding a Kershaw and finding the guy who was going to put up the worst pitching season of all time. Baseball has been played for a long time and he could seriously have been the worst ever ... and if he's not, it's close.

Who was the alternative? The point eater was making was that this team had to scramble to replace 4 starting pitchers in the middle lf the season, with nothing to trade and no free agents. I doubt they instsntly thought of lincicum when richards went down. But like i mentioned a few months back in the chacin sucks thread, somebody actually has to throw the baseball to the catcher. Beggars cant be choosers

2 hours ago, shine said:

Jerry left because he couldn't get along with Scioscia. No other reason.

Or the rest of the front office, or the rest of the team, or the rest of the coaching staff.

The final straw was when he went down to the clubhouse to override scioscia, and was told to GTFO by the players, who were over him by that point.

At that point its tough to stick around. The irony in the couldnt get along with sosh narrative is that it wasnt sosh that threatened to kick his ass in front of EVERYONE, but it was pretty much everyone who had scioscias back afterwards, and i dont mean arte when i say that....

4 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Dipoto was a quitter plain and simple.

If he had had any class at all he would have finished the season and then left.

There was no immediacy to his leaving other than his bruised ego.

Jerry took his ball and went home like a little boy and left the Angels hanging in the process.

Well said