• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 minute ago, nate said:

When the Ducks lose this series there are three players you can point to.

Manson, Gibson and Perry.  They all have been crap.

But Perry should be named twice.  He has been like the corn filled crap.

9 minutes ago, nate said:

When the Ducks lose this series there are three players you can point to.

Manson, Gibson and Perry.  They all have been crap.

Don't know what you have against Gibson, the Ducks have been giving up 3-1 rush after rush this whole period. They also were down 5 on 3 for one of the goals. 

5 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Don't know what you have against Gibson, the Ducks have been giving up 3-1 rushes after rushes this whole period. They also were down 5 on 3 for one of the goals. 

Yea exactly.  The first goal was another weird bounce for the oil.  A 5 on 3 where he made 2 saves before they got it and then s 3 on 1.  This period has been a disaster and Gibson has nothing to do with it. 

4 minutes ago, nate said:

I have no idea why you like him.  Just like in the regular season he is a JAG.  Nothing special at all.  Can't win in the playoffs with a mediocre goalie.

You also can't win being dominated for whole periods and not getting bounces. Even Quick wouldn't have saved this sorry ass effort in the 2nd period.

I mean come on, which of the 3 goals was his fault? 

5 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Don't know what you have against Gibson, the Ducks have been giving up 3-1 rushes after rushes this whole period. They also were down 5 on 3 for one of the goals. 

He has given up 3 goals so far.  3 goals last game.  3 goals the game before that.  Only 2 the game before that.  5 the goal before that.  Bounces happen.  Giving up that many goals, is not good. 

Think Picachu is giving up this many goals? 

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

He has given up 3 goals so far.  3 goals last game.  3 goals the game before that.  Only 2 the game before that.  5 the goal before that.  Bounces happen.  Giving up that many goals, is not good. 

Think Picachu is giving up this many goals? 

And how many goals would Picachu given up this period? Let me guess, 0?

Book on Gibson.  Shoot low.  Wait for the rebound and jar it high.  Sure he makes these acrobatic saves.  But if you are in position, and not flopping around, it doesn't have to be acrobatic.  There is a difference between a butterfly goalie and what he is doing.  A butterfly goalie is in control.  If he is on his knees, he pops back up, or shifts around.  What he does is flop a great block.  Then leaves gaping holes open for the rebound that he can only get to the bottom of the net since he's sprawled out.

As far as I'm concerned,  you can't expect to win playoff games scoring less then 3 goals.  We didn't execute on our chances.  Especially on the power play.  And we've given up a lot of rough looks for Gibson.  You're right, it would have been nice for him to steal one of these back but the truth is that he's robbed plenty in this series.  

When we've been good we've been real good.  But in this series when we've been bad it's been very bad.

Part of why he's flopping around is because Edmonton keeps criss crossing the ice pretty easily.  Its on the skaters to cut down on that dude.  Imo Gibson does play a pretty good butterfly.  That's the aspect of his game that will continue to mature tho.  

in game 2 I'll agree he was giving up sick rebounds all night, that hasn't been the deal tonight. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Out of 12 goalies on the NHL stat page for the playoffs.  Gibson ranks 11th in save percentage.  He's 8th in shots Against.  Goals against average, he is dead last. 

Sounds like a great goalie to me.