• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Looking Like We'll be Sellers at Trade Deadline

On 6/12/2016 at 5:22 PM, disarcina said:

The rate our Halos going -- I think headed for an 87 to 88 game loss season -- we're bound to be sellers and not buyers at trade deadline time -- which is creeping up on us.

We could consider this a 're-building' year but I don't see much 'building' for the future going on and it looks like we're stuck on a treadmill of being a mediocre also ran for the foreseeable future (which in MLB is about three years these days).

Who's gone come deadline time?  Street, Smith, Shoemaker, Calhoun (gotta give up something to get pitching prospects), Can we even unload CJ Wilson (doubtful), Other than those listed we don't have much to give and Santiago -- once our rising value trade guy -- seems to be dropping in value with each start now........

I don't know folks -- my crystal ball sees a lot of empty seats in the hot Anaheim sun come July, August and September.

Trout -- the best player in MLB - albeit one without a supporting cast -- and Pujols' slow march to 600 HRs is about the only excitement going to be generated at the Big A this summer.

Why buy?

• 1 year later...
On 6/13/2016 at 2:08 PM, OHTANILAND said:

I've been saying that since last season. Everybody loves Trout but does it make sense to keep him around with the very little talent surrounding him. He could net some serious prospects and since we are going to suck for a few years anyways why not invest in the future now with cost controlled players. Like it or not, Mike Trout is going to get very expensive in the next couple of seasons. Putting all of your eggs into one basket is setting yourself up for fail. Trout has been here for a few seasons and shows nothing but class and greatness but WE ARE NOT WINNING with Trout. In fact, we are regressing to the point that we are worse than what Reagins left us. The 2010 team was better. Most of the 2002-2010 clubs were better TEAMS. This current squad is made up of Trout and mostly players that would not start on many other clubs. There's no balance. It's a one trick pony team. Weak pitching, weak bullpen, weak bench, weak lineup with Calhoun, Trout and aging Albert. 

I agree