• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrelton Simmons in Salt Lake

8 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Ryan made me look up our current roster and its one of the saddest rosters I've seen in my 30 years as a baseball fan. Lots of names that wouldn't be anywhere near the majors in most orgs. 

There was a guy who started the other night who I literally never heard of, had no idea he was on the roster, and no idea he was scheduled to start. I can't ever recall that happening.

11 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The interesting decisions will be Petit vs Gio at 2B. 

Then what happens when Pennington comes back? Pennington has a guaranteed 2 year deal and Petit and Gio are both out of options. Both would get claimed, unlike every pitcher the Angels have DFA'd.

Geez I forgot that Pennington deal was two years. That was a really perplexing decision to give someone who really isn't that good more than a one-year commitment, he wasn't worth that at all.

On 6/11/2016 at 10:59 PM, Oz27 said:

Geez I forgot that Pennington deal was two years. That was a really perplexing decision to give someone who really isn't that good more than a one-year commitment, he wasn't worth that at all.

pennington has the 5th highest WAR on the team and in just 66 PA.  Small sample and all, but that puts him on pace for about 2 WAR so far and 4 for the season had be been healthy.   He's making a total of 3.75mil over two years.  He's about 16th on our list of problems.