• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who should you vote for?

2 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Those numbers sure make the candidates look really similar

It's more my personality.  I am pretty centered and relatively selfish in my beliefs. I care about things like gay marriage more than I care about religion.  I was raised somewhat religous, but I have a gay son, so it is more important to me than it was before, however I have always believed in equality.  I care mostly that I keep most of my hard earned money because quite frankly the government does an awful job redistributing wealth.  I think that we should have tougher immigration laws because of the tax burden it puts on us.  I am pro choice, mainly because I hate that it is a political hot topic every four years.  The lack of talk about it this time around is refreshing.  I do not have a problem if I state decides abortions are illegal, I don't think they should be easy to get or that they should simply be used as a form of birth control.  I do think that we could have just as good of military with less money going to it, just by simply doing a better job of spending the dollars.  In a nutshell I classify myself as a republican, but only because quite frankly I like my own money and I believe in personal responsibility.  I hate my party because they have an all or nothing approach, which isn't my way of doing things.  I hate my party because of the bible belt beliefs that republicans are supposed to have.  I am a middle of the road kind of guy. 

1 minute ago, Lawrence said:

Strad you sound like more of a libertarian than a republican.

I'm sure I am, but since a libertarian will never be elected as a libertarian I will continue to vote republican, for two reasons.  One I like my money, and two, I don't think Gay Marriage or Rowe v Wade will ever be overturned. 

Just now, Stradling said:

I'm sure I am, but since a libertarian will never be elected as a libertarian I will continue to vote republican, for two reasons.  One I like my money, and two, I don't think Gay Marriage or Rowe v Wade will ever be overturned. 

I too have always voted Republican (not this time though) for the same reasons you gave. Many of the hardline candidates on both sides spend too much time on battles they can't win. The 2nd Amendment is one that the Democrats just keep focusing on and losing. There are so many other things that have a direct impact on our everyday lives that should be put on the front burner. 

3 minutes ago, nate said:

The problem with this is they assume anything Trump says resembles what sort of leading he will actually do.

We don't even know how he'll lead as a political figure. Maybe he tries to stick by what he says. The unknown about him is one of the reasons I won't vote for him.

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

C'mon Strad, instead of not voting go ahead and vote for the guy whose politics are most like yours.  He may not win but the more votes Johnson gets the better chance a third party has the next time.

Yea, maybe I will, especially this year, with the two candidates both being buffoons. 

3 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Didn't Novoselic run for office in Washington as a dem?

According to wikipedia ...

He withdrew from the campaign for county clerk of Wahkiakum County.[29] He was running under the "Grange Party".