• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cron deserves to be benched!!!

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

I got my stats from espn.  Go look them up.  And quit playing legalese.  You were not referring to this year.  If you were your an idiot for making a decisive statement for only 1/4 of a season.

Argue all you want.  It is not decisively clear that Kole is a better player.  

I hope circumstances (Cron hitting the game-winner) don't make us forget this gem of a post. "Your an idiot" moments should always be enjoyed, particularly when in response to someone who pretty comprehensively disproved their previous point.

46 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

I hope circumstances (Cron hitting the game-winner) don't make us forget this gem of a post. "Your an idiot" moments should always be enjoyed, particularly when in response to someone who pretty comprehensively disproved their previous point.

Also, when did the regular season become 200+ games?

#notbenched

19 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don't care about the money, but the last thing you want to do when arguing Albert is take the money ALREADY spent out of the equation.  He has earned his contract so far, unfortunately going forward, with it being such a back loaded deal, he will not earn it with stats. 

This is what is so disturbing about Arte crying poor the last couple of years. Pujols' and Trout's contracts are only going to go up.

So read the thread before and after last night's game.  CJ at this point is not a very good player and unless he starts improving in the next few seasons, probably deserves to be a bench/rotational/platoon player for his career.  Per fangraphs, he's 23rd among 1b in OPS and 12th out of 14th in OPS if he was considered a DH this season.  His minor league stats weren't all that special until he arrived at PCL, which is notorious for being a hitters' league.  His glove is atrocious.  He has the lowest walk rate since he entered the league among first basemen and his "power" isn't all that great as his ISO for his career is .176  which is 22nd out of 34 1st basemen since he entered the league and has at least 800 PA's per Fangraphs.  While he is still young, unless he improves his strike zone judgement or batting "eye", he isn't a good player at this point of his career and should be considered a marginal player.

EDIT: Also would like to add that CJ reminds me a lot of Eric Karros and sure enough their stats are very similar at the same ages. Cron's stats; Karros's stats