• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels VS Mariners 5/14/16

Seriously, how would Sciascia ever be on the hook for pulling a pitcher who hasn't gone beyond 91 pitches all year, and has a history of shoulder problems the last two years.  We are already out of effective starters, you guys up for losing another?  Then you have two bullpen guys who have been on a hot streak to get three outs and pass the game to Smith.  Gubi and Rojas didn't bring up any of those issues, they were too busy fanning the flames of a controversy.  To be fair to Morin, his infielders didn't help him much, but he should have never walked the leadoff guy.  

Ya know, I understand some of the frustration here, but what team could survive with the losses of Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Wilson, Street, Simmons etc? It's a lot to have to overcome. But man, there is a lot of negativity here at times, and a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacking. To listen to some of this one would believe that if we just had a different manager we'd be winning despite the injuries. Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be a long season unless those guys return in the next week (which they aren't), so we'll have to hope for some adequate replacements (like hopefully Chacin) until some of those guys are ready to play. 

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Do you ever take a break from white knighting for Sosh or nah

First of all if your going to play wannabe manager and criticize for being stupid be a man and call it out when the manager makes the move.  Don't be a wuss and criticize the move only after it backfired.

Second I will take a break from "white knighting Scioscia" when the Scioscia haters with hindsight bash every move he makes.  There is a reason why Scioscia will be a hall of fame manager and your meaningless life is just debating me.

10 hours ago, OregonLAA said:

Taking Chacin out early and putting Salas in with runners on and lefties coming up is exactly why Scioscia should be fired. Completely inexcusable in a big series for us

Ok, should he still be fired or will you admit you had no idea the guy was on a pitch count based on past injury, a pitch count his previous team also had him on.  I'll admit I had no idea he missed a ton of time because of shoulder surgery.  This is just another example of fans HAVING to win every single game and a manager having to manage for a complete season.  

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

I thought you and a lot of other people declared the season over last week, if so, how is this a big series for us? 

False. Don't confuse me with other posters. I said the future of the season is bleak but anything could happen. I'm not as negative as you want to think I am. I just hate Scioscia's bullpen management in the worst way

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Ok, should he still be fired or will you admit you had no idea the guy was on a pitch count based on past injury, a pitch count his previous team also had him on.  I'll admit I had no idea he missed a ton of time because of shoulder surgery.  This is just another example of fans HAVING to win every single game and a manager having to manage for a complete season.  

Scioscia is very good at managing for the season rather just individual games. I always give him credit where it is due. And I had a feeling he took Chacin out because of his shoulder issues. Morin coming in was fine but he stunk up the joint which isn't Scioscia's fault. But everyone and their mom knows Salas can't pitch to lefties or with inherited runners. Salas has been very good this year but that was the wrong situation for him. Mahle and Alvarez were probably unavailable but Bedrock has been terrific since his call up and was out there waiting. 

Its all moot anyway because the offense carried us for the 2nd great game. But we have to be near perfect this year just to get a shot at the playoffs and losing 6-2 leads in the 8th inning because of questionable decisions doesn't qualify for perfect. 

Now if you guys want to defend every bad Scioscia move that's fine with me. I only have two issues with him but they're big ones and they come up a lot. But I'm not one of these negative posters who blames every single thing in games on him and I understand that happens a lot in these threads and I get lumped in with them. 

42 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Scioscia is very good at managing for the season rather just individual games. I always give him credit where it is due. And I had a feeling he took Chacin out because of his shoulder issues. Morin coming in was fine but he stunk up the joint which isn't Scioscia's fault. But everyone and their mom knows Salas can't pitch to lefties or with inherited runners. Salas has been very good this year but that was the wrong situation for him. Mahle and Alvarez were probably unavailable but Bedrock has been terrific since his call up and was out there waiting. 

Its all moot anyway because the offense carried us for the 2nd great game. But we have to be near perfect this year just to get a shot at the playoffs and losing 6-2 leads in the 8th inning because of questionable decisions doesn't qualify for perfect. 

Now if you guys want to defend every bad Scioscia move that's fine with me. I only have two issues with him but they're big ones and they come up a lot. But I'm not one of these negative posters who blames every single thing in games on him and I understand that happens a lot in these threads and I get lumped in with them. 

How dare you post anything remotely negative.

Some of you guys are acting like Sosh removed Arrieta in a playoff game. He replaced a middling pitcher (Chacin) after ~90 pitches. That's called minimizing risk.

3 hours ago, OregonLAA said:

You're entitled to your opinion but don't act like you know how to manage a bullpen. 

They are using a lot of live metrics to analyze a pitchers stuff so they may have seen something.  Besides, if Morin is your 8th inning guy then he should be able to manage a four run lead.  Top of the order was coming up which means it would have been the 4th time through facing Chacin.  BTW, Chacin's max number of pitches for the season was 91 and he had skipped a start.  

On May 15, 2016 at 9:28 AM, OregonLAA said:

We don't have to be anywhere near perfect to get a shot at the playoffs. 

And we didn't lose the lead because of questionable decisions. We lost it because Morin, who was brought in to do exactly what he's expected to do, failed. That happens occasionally.

I guess you can say we're a lock for the playoffs since we came back and won the game.