• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Cron is not a good defender

What's most upsetting is if I knew a decade ago that I could perform like Kron and continue to be a starter of a MLB team, I would have continued pursuing being a baseball player.

ALL THE GUY DOES ALL DAY EVERY DAY 7 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR IS PLAY BASEBALL --- AND HE STILL BLOWS. It makes zero sense.

His last 21 games he has a .950 OPS. 

He actually has a higher OPS and OPS+ now than any of his other years. The walk rate is way, way up, and the K rate is down. I'm cautiously optimistic that he's really put some work in to change his approach, and that's a reason he started slowly. 

His defense has sucks but he's really turned around offensively the past couple weeks.

Edited by totdprods

His bat got off to a slow start but has turned around just like last year.  However this year his walks are up big time.  He's batting over .270 and has over a .350 OBP.  Shit on his defense but he's not this horrible hitter some of you make him out to be.  He's streaky as hell but so are a lot of players.  

On 5/13/2016 at 2:43 AM, bloodbrother said:

This dude just brings no value at all. He can't field, can't run, can't hit or draw walks and for a guy who has power, he doesn't hit for a lot of it because of his awful approach at the plate. That's the profile you're looking for from a 1st round pick

CJ has just began to start hitting, over the last 2 weeks his slash line is .429/.474/.686/1.159 with 3 doubles 2 HRs and 10 RBIs. As far as not taking walks he has begun to turn that around also. Last year he walked all of 17 times, so far this season he has walked 11 times. Granted he not a great fielder but if he keeps hitting like he is at the moment, his defense is good enough to justify his ABs.

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Dochalo said:

He's probably one of the worst defensive 1bman i've ever seen.  His range is terrible.  He's horribly indecisive.  He's got bad hands.  Did I miss anything?

Water is wet.