• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New interactive Graphs: Hitting & Pitching Stats - Mike Trout Page - Standings - Game Results and more Content at AngelsWin.com

Chuck

I sincerely appreciate all the feedback, and I have several updates I think you'll be happy to hear.

Completed a sprint to improve the look of our table visualizations, so you will now find that everything is properly aligned, and in general, tables are much cleaner and compact than before. Also, I've added sortability to the tables as you requested @gotbeer - you can now click on a column header and sort ascending or descending.

As for visualizations showing pitch speed and location, I am currently digging into that data and developing a cool new viz suite. See the example below of the first such viz to roll out, from Jered Weaver's start against the Dodgers yesterday. Let me know what you think. Currently, it's only available for games won or lost, not simply pitched. Hence, you won't find any relievers yet, but that's coming soon. Pitching and batting heatmaps are also under development and I expect them to roll out within the next few weeks.

Defensive stat visualizations are also under development and will be available shortly.

You can now find the entire hitting roster in the "Player Batting Stats" viz.

I also added OBP, OPS, Slugging Pct. and WAR to the stats column for hitters. WAR and K/9 for pitchers. 

Hitting Stats: 

Pitching Stats: 

Standings, Game Results, Payroll and Attendance: 

Mike Trout's Troutstanding page: 

All of these can be found in the menu navigation bar below the logo header and found and viewed on your mobile devices by clicking on the 3-lines in the upper right, 

• 3 weeks later...

Now available ERA vs. FIP for our starting pitchers. I can add relievers too if you'd like. 

These stats can be found here: 

Here's an example of what it looks like. Be sure to hover your mouse over the graph lines to see the numbers. @Inside Pitch @Angelsjunky @ettin @Dochalo

On 5/9/2016 at 7:45 PM, ettin said:

Pictures are pretty! I'm going to start calling your page FunGraphs! :D

Do you see the need in career BABIP vs. FIP for pitchers @ettin?

Right now I added career ERA vs. FIP, but I can add the BABIP vs. FIP too. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do you see the need in career BABIP vs. FIP for pitchers @ettin?

Right now I added career ERA vs. FIP, but I can add the BABIP vs. FIP too. 

I'm not sure that would add value @Chuckster70 so I'd say no.

Other interesting charts might be like GB%, LD%, and FB% comparisons for our staff (bullpen too). A second chart after that would be to show how those GB%, LD%, and FB%'s are distributed around the field in terms of pull, up the middle, and opposite fields.

If the Angels goal is to have Andrelton Simmons be our SS and Kaleb Cowart our 3B for the next four years we would be smart to acquire a lot of groundball pitchers that coax groundballs to that side of the field. A RHP who has more groundballs that pull to that duo or a LHP who gets more opposite side deflection to that tandem is probably, ideally, how the Angels should try to build upon.

Groundball pitchers generally lead to more base hits and doubles but they also keep the ball in the park and have the potential to turn more double plays (making a good double play turner at 2B important as well with a 1B who can pick throws). Of course Angels stadium is built for fly ball pitchers too (as is Oakland and Seattle) so whatever choice Eppler makes is fine but having a fantastic defensive SS shouldn't go to waste. Sorry went off on a small rant.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2016 at 9:44 PM, AngelsWin.com said:

OK @ettin... Thanks for the better idea. :)

You can access the tabs at the top now. 

NewContent.png

Hi guys and gals, I have updated the following pages which can be located in the toolbar under the banner logo in the forum. Check them out (let each page load about 5-10 seconds depending on your network speed) so that all of the graphical charts can load. Once loaded, if you hover your mouse over certain dots, balloons and lines you can uncover some really cool stats that were accumulated over the entire 2016 season.

Click below for: Standings - Team data - Stats - Roster

Click here for hitting stats

Click here for pitching stats

Click here for all things Mike Trout

Enjoy!