• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Rafael Ortega has impressed Angels, but still may lose his spot to Daniel Nava

4 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Personally, I don't think Nava did enough in Spring and to start the year to guarantee his spot in the lineup. Ortega did.

I'm not opposed to cutting Choi loose. I am opposed to moving Rafael Ortega out of the starting lineup at this point.

Didn't Naba hit like .450 in Spring?  

7 hours ago, HighDesertHaloFan said:

This team, my God, they seem more interested in playing the higher profile guy that's making more $$$ rather than play the guy that's hot right now!

This is more about the lack of in house talent than anything to do with money.  They don't want to lose Choi, they can send Ortega down.   For all the talk about them wanting to be competitive, this season may be about figuring out who to keep and who to punt.

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

I hate the veteran comment.  It's been refuted time and time again by facts yet people keep bringing it up.

Apparently your sarcasm detector is broken. We all know the decision is based on lasagna

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea, @stormngt, but they will always fall back on Abreu, when he played those 8 games before Trout got called up, and Jeff instead of Jered Weaver.  

Yet ignore inserting Bourjos over Rivera and Abreu, playing KROD in 2002, Trumbo his rookie year, Parez last year  There are a little of examples to the opposite.

26 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Apparently your sarcasm detector is broken. We all know the decision is based on lasagna

I don't buy the sarcasm defense.  The commentary. Of favoritism towards veterans have been used too often to effectively be perceived as sarcasm.  

16 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

This is more about the lack of in house talent than anything to do with money.  They don't want to lose Choi, they can send Ortega down.   For all the talk about them wanting to be competitive, this season may be about figuring out who to keep and who to punt.

Can't wait for the fans to get their way. Then in 2 years when Choi hits .310/.400/.510 for the first 2 months of the season and those same fans call for Eppler's head for not sending Ortega down when he still had options left and we could have kept Choi.

I prefer Gentry over Choi ... there's many ways Gentry can help you win ballgames in the late innings. Choi's bat can't be trusted ... he'll never get enough AB's to improve. Pujols, Cron, and Nava will be enough to cover at first or DH.

Edited by Troll Daddy

23 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

That's what was suggested in the OCR podcast.  The Angels aren't ready to give up Choi, so they can keep him by sending down Ortega.