• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I started writing this in the middle of tonight's (Tuesday) game...

Glen

And then gave up in disgust.  I got to leave work a bit early and I caught the ninth inning in my car on the way home.  You're welcome.

The ISEB Files

By Glen McKee, Resident Eeyore

I know we’re barely a week into the season but that’s no reason not to reflect on how terrible the Angels have been so far, while somehow managing to put up three wins.  Since it’s only the middle of April we can say it’s still early.  However, given how bad the Angels have been there’s an unsaid “but” that is added to the end of that, hence the ISEB files.  It’s still early but…

-          The Angels have one stolen base, from Albert Pujols.  Surprisingly, that’s not last in the league.  Eight teams have either one or no stolen bases.  So technically, the Angels are tied for second-worst in stolen bases.

-          The Angels have two home runs, which ties them for worst in the league with (surprisingly) the Mets. 

-          The Angels are ranked 27th with a .210 BA, tied with Toronto.  Below them are only the Mets and Braves.

-          The Angels are ranked 25th with an OBP of .284, 29th (one again, ahead of just the Mets) with an SLG of .283, and 29th again with an OPS of .567.

-          18 players have more HR than the Angels as a team.

-          The Angels rank next-to-last in DH hitting with a .107 average, 28th at 1B with a .115 average.

-          Albert Pujols, the Angels resident speedster, is hitting .143.  Trout is only slightly better at .200. 

Well, it can’t be all bad, right?  Let’s take a look at the pitching stats.  It’s still early but…

-          The Angels are 19th with an ERA of 4.00.  Whoo hoo!  We’re at the bottom of the middle.

-          The Angels are 14th with a WHIP of 1.29.

-          Our starters rank 22nd in the league in ERA, and our relievers amazingly rank 8th at 3.55.

-          Dead middle at 15th with 60 strikeouts.

Everyone on offense is doing a good job except Trout, Pujols and Cron, and they have made some important contributions even while being bad.  Any one of those three can carry the offense on their own.  We just need them to start doing what they should and the offense will be fine.  

Starting pitchers have been very good outside of Shoe's poor start and one by an injured Heaney.  Peripherals are solid as well

Bullpen still gives me diarrhea.  They've got it done for the most part, but the peripherals aren't good and we just don't have anyone truly dominant.  It's a setup for stretches of bad 'luck'.  

I'm actually somewhat optimistic about this team now. We are 4-4 with Trout, Pujols, and Cron sucking. When Skaggs, Heaney, and CJ come back we will be in a better position. And what if Weaver is still finding the magic?

Richards, Heaney, Santiago, CJ, Weaver and if any falter we have Skaggs. Heck I might even put Skaggs in the rotation and CJ in the Pen.

What if all that happens and then Trout and Pujols come around?