• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Rotation

Richards...0-2, behavior on mound betrays lack of confidence

Heaney...injured for who knows how long

Santiago...decent so far, hopeful going forward

Wilson...injured (supposedly) for who knows how long, shut down indefinitely

Weaver....fastball maxes out in the low-80's, only a matter of time. Has grit, though

Shoemaker...shelled, good batting practice pitcher

Tropeano...will step in, outcome uncertain. Has potential.

Maybe we should have prepared better for this.

Edited by fan_since79

I can't blame Eppler for not adding any additional rotation pieces.  FA pitching prices were sky high and just not worth it.  The offseason plan had Wilson and Heaney in the rotation with Heaney and Shoe as depth.  Wilson's surgery was fairly routine and his shoulder injury wasn't anticipated.  Heaney's injury as well.  

That's basically the middle 2/5ths of our rotation.  I wonder how any team would be if they lost their 2 of their middle 3 starters.  

But yeah, it's a problem.  One that stands to be imminently more painful relative to tomorrow's game.  

This is not going well.  

I can't blame Eppler for not adding any additional rotation pieces.  FA pitching prices were sky high and just not worth it.  The offseason plan had Wilson and Heaney in the rotation with Heaney and Shoe as depth.  Wilson's surgery was fairly routine and his shoulder injury wasn't anticipated.  Heaney's injury as well.  

That's basically the middle 2/5ths of our rotation.  I wonder how any team would be if they lost their 2 of their middle 3 starters.  

But yeah, it's a problem.  One that stands to be imminently more painful relative to tomorrow's game.  

This is not going well.  

Greinke and Ryu?..... #2 and #3 ?

Richards doesn't look bad, neither does Santiago. Tropeano and Skaggs both look good and have potential. Heaney should be back in 2-3 weeks. Suddenly we have 5 solid starters.

i sort of hope Heaney sits a while longer then that.  If that guy gets the Tommy John we're ****ed for the next two years.  Absolutely zero chances taken with that guy.

Edited by UndertheHalo

There's no reason for Shoemaker to be getting starts over Tropeano at this point. Weaver is an Angels legend and the team is garbage so if they want to let him ride it out for the rest of the year, whatever. But Skaggs and Tropeano need MLB experience to help their progression. Shoemaker is a disaster right now. He doesn't have the stuff to be effective at this point

Richards

Santiago

Skaggs

Tropeano

Weaver

Heaney can send one of the bottom 3 to long relief when he gets back. 

Edited by GrittyVeterans

Eppler attempted to trade Santiago.

Damn lucky he was unable to do so. I bet he couldn't give Shoemaker away. We need to score at least 8 runs when ever he pitches. Skaggs will be good guaranteed.

.....most posters on this site wanted Santiago traded.  In the end Eppler refused to dig into the pitching depth, good thing.