• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 Major League Baseball Thread

NrM

19 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I thought Joe Nathan was retired, but apparently he's been with the Cubs organization this season.  He made his season debut today

He's just back from TJ, his second. Looked pretty good in AAA. Came back up and had a shaky few batters to start out, then struck out Braun, Lucroy, and Chris Carter and even got the win. 

Cubs added Chapman today also..

Can you not imagine how effed we would have been if we signed Heyward? $184m for a .630ish OPS. Plenty of length left for him to turn it around still, and his defense is great, but starting off like that, most of this board (and possibly the front office) would have had blown a freaking artery by now.

13 hours ago, totdprods said:

Can you not imagine how effed we would have been if we signed Heyward? $184m for a .630ish OPS. Plenty of length left for him to turn it around still, and his defense is great, but starting off like that, most of this board (and possibly the front office) would have had blown a freaking artery by now.

Heyward was picked up pretty early in the FA process..the Cubs wanted him and they scooped him up. What would have been more likely was Fowler, who was out there until spring. Fowler was cheaper and his numbers would look pretty good in the Angel's outfield.

But none of this really matters does it?

#artesyacht

On 7/25/2016 at 8:38 PM, totdprods said:

if we had signed him, it would have been for more, and we would have been praying that he cluld get up to a .630 ops.

14 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Bryce Harper has just been shitting the bed since april

im not a harper basher by any stretch. i think hes a badass. but i take a bit a pleasure in seeing that, just because of all the pundits who declared him better than trout circa week 3 of the season. the few takes i saw werent of the "its close, but id take harper". they were more of the "no offense to trout, but harper is clearly the better player".

so again, nothing against harper, just funny to see so many experts jump on nuts after a hot start

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

from ESPN:

Aroldis Chapman threw 13 fastballs in his Cubs debut last night.

101 101 102 101 102 101 103 101 101 100 100 102 103

That looks just like the expected temperatures in my area forecast for the next 2 weeks 

Bradford DoolittleESPN Staff Writer 

doolittle_bradford_m.jpg

The Mariners finally get a well-pitched inning -- from infielder Luis Sardinas, who moved over from first and got the Cubs in order in the eighth. Chicago leads 12-0.

That may be one of the douchiest sentences every written but I LOLed...

27 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Waiting patiently for someone to suggest Maddon is a genius for calling for a suicide bunt...  because our manager wouldn't ever do that....

That was VERY fun game to watch.

Hell yeah it was fun to watch. I love seeing Maddon using the 'rotating pitcher in LF' recently. It's a pretty good idea for a NL team.