• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gott sent down to AAA

for a guy that throws as hard as he does, there just isn't enough swing and miss in his repertoire.  Not saying he can't find success, but it's gonna be more challenging for sure.  

What do you think of Bedrosian after this spring?

His K/BB ratio was great.

Spring: 17/3 k/bb

2015:  20/12 k/bb

2014:  34/19 k/bb

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

What do you think of Bedrosian after this spring?

His K/BB ratio was great.

Spring: 17/3 k/bb

2015:  20/12 k/bb

2014:  34/19 k/bb

I am on record as noting that he scares the crap out of me.  

An reliever who allows a lot of base runners is asking for trouble. 

I still wouldnt trade Gott for Escobar. Escobar = old and in decline, Gott = young and room for improvement.

How can you logically say he's in decline? He had three straight seasons of hitting about .255 with a good OBP. Last year he hit .314 with a great OBP. Explain to me how that is in decline? Gott is young and he throws hard, that's about it.

I will go on record and say Bedrosian will have a better career than Gott.

I don't know what Gott will develop in to. He just as easily can be the next Frieri as he could be the next serviceable 7th or 8th inning guy. If people hate the trade because they hate giving up young players for older players that are defensively poor I get it. However I would hope that just about everyone can see how Escobar is more valuable to this team at the top of the line up than Gott would be in the pen.

I liked Gott, but relievers have such a short lifespan in the majors. Landing our stating 3B for the next two years at a relatively cheap price in return for one sophomore reliever was worth it.

As for Bedrock, I'm going to wait and see. I liked his Spring, and I like his stuff, and I think before the end of the year he'll have figured it out in the majors and will be devastatingly effective. I don't know if that's April or if it's August, but I do think it's happening this year.

I still wouldnt trade Gott for Escobar.   Escobar = old and in decline, Gott = young and room for improvement.

An everyday 3rd baseman who was the second best offensive player on the Nationals last year and hasn't struck out in 19 games this Spring and is batting .456/.500/.561/1.061 for a guy who would give us 1 or 2 innings every 3 games?  

The fan obsession with potential over reality in baseball is bizarre.

There's so much more to Escobar than just stats too.

He's a guy who obviously does well at the top of the lineup, and we haven't had a clear #1-2 hitter in ages. If he slumps, he's totally fine at the bottom of the lineup too.

Also important is versatility. I know we're committed to him at third but if late in the season Johnny G has fallen apart and one of Kubitza/Cowart/Marte are tearing it up, it's a switch that can be considered.

And another big things is Simmons insurance. Say disaster strikes and he has bigger issues with his arm and misses significant time. Like TJS level stuff. Escobar can slide back into short over that timeframe.

David Freese was very one-dimensional in comparison. Trevor Gott is replaceable.

Plus he's affordable, controllable for a couple seasons. Great trade.

However I would hope that just about everyone can see how Escobar is more valuable to this team at the top of the line up than Gott would be in the pen.

Agree. having a legit lead off hitter to set the table for Trout will have a big impact on the offense this year.

Tot if Giavotella breaks down Pennington will take his position, the Angels are not shifting Escobar to 2nd base.

Giavotella is not going to have trouble keeping his job, you guys need to see how he is playing now and come to grips he us a much improved defender.

I'm a big Giavotella fan so I'm not expecting it to happen. And yeah, I agree that Pennington would be first in line. Just simply stating that Escobar feasibly could play second whereas Freese couldn't. Point is even if Escobar isn't as good offensively as he was last year he still offers a lot more than Freese did, and the cost for that was a replaceable reliever.

I don't know what Gott will develop in to. He just as easily can be the next Frieri as he could be the next serviceable 7th or 8th inning guy. If people hate the trade because they hate giving up young players for older players that are defensively poor I get it. However I would hope that just about everyone can see how Escobar is more valuable to this team at the top of the line up than Gott would be in the pen.

Relievers who throw 95+ dont grow on trees, and he had pretty good control to boot.  I understand Escobar is valuable at the top of the lineup but he's at the age where typical decline starts for these players, and spring training stats dont prove otherwise(Angelfaninidaho).  He might be the exception this year or even next but history says otherwise.

I guess I wouldnt mind the trade so much if we had a good DECENT core of prospects ready to fill in if needed, but we dont and this team should be trying to get a younger core ready, not patching the team with guys who are 35 years old.   That's the main reason I had issue with that trade.