• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could C.J. Wilson Work Out In Relief?

C.J. - Starter or Reliever?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should C.J. Return to the Pen?

• Yes
    • No

So I was away from the board for a bit so excuse me if this has already been discussed (mods please delete if so). But simply for the sake of discussion.....We are stuck with him for only a little while longer...Should C.J. go to the pen when he returns? Are our other starting options better than C.J. to the point that the team should have him come out of the pen like he initially did in Texas? He sucked as a reliever as well at times but if we are gonna have him suit up would you rather he be in the rotation or in the pen as a lefty option?

Edit: contract aside...he will be getting paid regardless but which of the two rolls would he be most effective in (a.k.a. not hurt the team)

Edited by Wallerrrr

I've often considered this, but he just doesn't throw strikes enough to use him in an BP situation except mop up or maybe 6th inning in a close game. Too much chances of a dangerous walk or two in the 7th-9th.

Maybe you don't remember Troy Percival at all.

I remember him, and K Rod, too. The Rolaids Twins if there ever was one.

But they threw HARD and had nasty stuff. You can accept a lack of control, with pitchers like that. CJ Wilson has neither of those traits, really.

He has nicer hair then they did tho....that has to count for something