• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

State of Alabama eliminates marriage licenses

I would think the government would want something official since marriage grants you tax benefits, the spousal privilege, visitation rights in various situations, workers comp benefits for spousal death, etc. not being able to regulate who is married and when could be problematic.

Inheritance and probate issues for estates could become an issue with children and spouses who may not be the parents.

I didn't read the article before, so yes it was motivated by homo hate and still recognizes a legal contract of marriage.

Maybe the issues I stated wouldn't be affected. I don't know.

troll or not, it has nothing to do with anything like that.  There should be separation of church and state.  Or do you only believe that when the church is trying to influence the state?

WTF are you talking about?

The article itself mentions the gay issue. I'm pretty sure Alabama wasn't motivated by helping gays get married.

They've basically said, "if yer gonna force us let the fags marry, I reckon this is our only option to avoid it. We'll blow the whole system up instead."

Yup...this is Alabama's version of the sneetches

The article itself mentions the gay issue. I'm pretty sure Alabama wasn't motivated by helping gays get married.

They've basically said, "if yer gonna force us let the fags marry, I reckon this is our only option to avoid it. We'll blow the whole system up instead."

If that's what they basically said, then I say, "mission accomplished!"  Government shouldn't be involved in the wedding business.  Gay, straight or otherwise. 

(I'll let Glen fill in the gaps on "otherwise.")

How is this pathetic?  Why is the government involved in a religious ceremony?

This is simply common sense from any angle.

Marriage isn't just a religious ceremony anymore. 

Precisely. Not a chance this would have passed a year ago.