• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

History isn’t being erased. And if you’re concerned about that, I take it you acknowledge that the Lost Cause myth and the southerners who perpetuated it were the ones who truly tried to erase history, correct?

Also was the statue about reconciliation? I know it has that name but I truly don’t know. All I could find was this. Maybe there is more.

“Some of the figures also on the statue include a Black woman depicted as “Mammy” holding what is said to be the child of a white officer, and an enslaved man following his owner to war.”

Edited by Kevin

Confederate memorial removed from Arlington National Cemetery – NBC4 Washington

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/confederate-memorial-removed-from-arlington-national-cemetery/3498647/

Tuesday's hearing focused largely on legal issues, but Alston questioned the heritage group's lawyers about the notion that the memorial promotes reconciliation.

He noted that the statue depicts, among other things, a “slave running after his ‘massa’ as he walks down the road. What is reconciling about that?" asked Alston, an African American who was appointed to the bench in 2019 by then-President Donald Trump.

50 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’m not a democrat so I’d be SOL. 

This is the dumbest thing that rightoids like to say. The parties were completely different back then. Since you're a Confederate sympathizer though you support a revisionist history, so it makes sense that you would employ this braindead talking point.

Plus, you don't even like Republican hero Abraham Lincoln.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

This is the dumbest thing that rightoids like to say. The parties were completely different back then. Since you're a Confederate sympathizer though you support a revisionist history, so it makes sense that you would employ this braindead talking point.

Plus, you don't even like Republican hero Abraham Lincoln.

So you admit you don’t like what the Democrats did back then?

9 hours ago, Lhalo said:

So you admit you don’t like what the Democrats did back then?

Correct. I don't like what the Democrats do now. Both parties suck ass, and they always have.

But historically, the names of the parties in the 1800s are unrelated to today.

If you want to say that Democrat policies don’t help blacks today, I have no problem with that.

But the Dixiecrats of the 1860’s preached small government, states rights. The south has pretty much always been conservative. They’ll go with with whichever party stands for their conservative world view, Democrat or Republican. That’s why they’ll cry their heritage is being taken away but in the same breath try and associate modern day democrats with their Dixiecrat ancestors.

A graduate who went mega-viral with a tearful reaction to her first 9-to-5 job says she's been laid off

https://www.yahoo.com/news/graduate-went-mega-viral-tearful-174624825.html

In October, 21-year-old Brielle Asero went mega-viral and made headlines when she posted a tearful video calling out the struggles of the 9-to-5 work culture she was experiencing for the first time.

10 hours ago, Jay said:

A graduate who went mega-viral with a tearful reaction to her first 9-to-5 job says she's been laid off

https://www.yahoo.com/news/graduate-went-mega-viral-tearful-174624825.html

In October, 21-year-old Brielle Asero went mega-viral and made headlines when she posted a tearful video calling out the struggles of the 9-to-5 work culture she was experiencing for the first time.

This is the first time I’ve seen this video. What an insufferable broad. Too bad she didn’t have decent parents around to teach her what a work ethic is. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

This is the first time I’ve seen this video. What an insufferable broad. Too bad she didn’t have decent parents around to teach her what a work ethic is. 

Yes, I’m pretty sure it all started when the allowed her to attend prom with a black kid. 

On 12/20/2023 at 3:05 PM, Kevin said:

History isn’t being erased. And if you’re concerned about that, I take it you acknowledge that the Lost Cause myth and the southerners who perpetuated it were the ones who truly tried to erase history, correct?

Also was the statue about reconciliation? I know it has that name but I truly don’t know. All I could find was this. Maybe there is more.

“Some of the figures also on the statue include a Black woman depicted as “Mammy” holding what is said to be the child of a white officer, and an enslaved man following his owner to war.”

It’s pretty incredible how successful the “lost cause” mythology has been.  To a great degree a great many elements of it are just mainstream talking points.