• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s pretty incredible how successful the “lost cause” mythology has been.  To a great degree a great many elements of it are just mainstream talking points. 

The south lost on the battlefield but they pretty much won the narrative history with pen and paper in the years and decades that followed. And that reverberates even today.

Just now, Kevin said:

The south lost on the battlefield but they pretty much won the narrative history with pen and paper in the years and decades that followed. And that reverberates even today.

Absolutely.  After reconstruction fell apart other than slavery going away the concessions to the southern land owners (who happened to have essentially the same interests as the northern industrialists) were almost total. 

really other than literal in chains slavery much of the social order was not truly changed until the civil rights act.  

Just now, Lhalo said:

Hahahaha!!!! You're fuckin hilarious.

image.png

91% by the folks who know movies. 42% by the mouthbreathing trailer trash who learned how to use the Internet just to post a negative review.

22 minutes ago, cals said:

There is no way anyone thinks Last Jedi  was the best Star Wars movie.  It was fine but calling it the best is just Taylor ring to rile you dummies up.

7-9 made me reflect that maybe Episodes 2 and 3 weren't that bad. Episode 1 is still the worst though. Fuck that movie was trash. 

6 minutes ago, St1ck said:

7-9 made me reflect that maybe Episodes 2 and 3 weren't that bad. Episode 1 is still the worst though. Fuck that movie was trash. 

Rogue One is the only truly great Star Wars film made since the originals.  I’m not up on the politics of it though.  Is it hated because the blind chink and the terrorist pilot?

Edited by cals

1 minute ago, cals said:

Rogue One is the only truly great Star Wars film made since the originals.  I’m not up on that the politics of it though.  Is it hated because the blind chink and the terrorist pilot?

Rogue One is great. If you haven't watched it yet I recommend Andor.

I think some internet losers rated bombed the movie because of the chink but I'm sure Star Wars fans not liking the movie played a bigger part in its low viewer reviews.

1 hour ago, cals said:

There is no way anyone thinks Last Jedi  was the best Star Wars movie.  It was fine but calling it the best is just Taylor trying to rile you dummies up.

It's absolutely the best. It's the only one that tried to advance the franchise into fresh territory (other than the prequel Rogue One, which is also excellent). 

Because of the mouthbreathers, they reconned Episode 8 and made an incredibly shitty Episode 9.

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's absolutely the best. It's the only one that tried to advance the franchise into fresh territory (other than the prequel Rogue One, which is also excellent). 

Because of the mouthbreathers, they reconned Episode 8 and made an incredibly shitty Episode 9.

You’re high.

Andor was objectively excellent and probably the best content in the whole series.  Rogue One was fine.  I personally enjoyed the force awakens the most of the new ones - mostly because it just ran with the formula that works from A New Hope.  Of the prequels the Revenge of the Sith was the best by a lot.  Attack of the Clones (2nd one) was the worst.  A genuinely comprehensively dog shit movie.  Empire Strikes Back is the best movie in the series imo.  But all 3 of the originals are fun.  Return of the Jedi is the weakest of those three. 

😃👍