• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is "Gooby" paid by the # of words

ghoetke

The biggest sin in broadcasting, even more than cursing, is dead air. Gone (except for maybe Vin Scully) are the days of baseball announcers simply letting the scene itself develop without commentary.

Gooby gets paid to talk, and every time there's silence, he's not doing his job.

He may not be saying anything insightful or important, but as long as his lips are moving, he's doing his job.

As painful as it is to listen to most of the time.

Gubi seems like a nice enough guy.  But just about every at-bat turns into a private lesson with a hitting instructor:

He kept his hands back

Rotated his hips as he swung, resulting in more power

The bat path thru the zone, yadda yadda

I used to kind of tune him out, but man, its like the telecast is geared to a fourth grader in little league.

We went from preschool to 4th grade when Gubi replaced Hudler.

Gubi seems like a nice enough guy.  But just about every at-bat turns into a private lesson with a hitting instructor:

He kept his hands back

Rotated his hips as he swung, resulting in more power

The bat path thru the zone, yadda yadda

I used to kind of tune him out, but man, its like the telecast is geared to a fourth grader in little league.

I'd rather have an Angels Ex-Player, not a former pitcher who lasted  all of two starts with the Angels after 14 years with the Royals. The guy should be in Kansas City doing Royals games instead of Hudler, or in Philadelphia, the team he openly roots for, despite working for a different club. Yes he was born and raised in Philly, so I have no problem with him being a Phillies fan….except he shouldn't ever talk about it, while employed by a different club.

The week after the Angels lost in the ALCS to the Yankees in 2009, he was on Mason and Ireland discussing his love of the Phillies, for 10 minutes. A quick, cursory, Angels question. Nothing about the screwed up calls, virtually nothing about the Angels at all…instead…all Philly love.

Scioscia is from Philly too….do you think he'd be caught dead talking about how good they were only days after the Angels were eliminated? No.