• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bernie's free college idea

I would have respected him more if he actually did run as an independent.

Instead he hitched his wagon to the "system".

(I know you were kind of joking)

Let's be honest, he would not have any chance at election running as an independent. That's why he chose to run as a Democrat, and that's the only reason.

apparently you didn't read it

You're right, I didn't. That's a very long article that I don't care enough to read about, especially when it's an article that probably puts a negative spin on the wall street tax by a website called marketwatch.com

Something tells me there would be a little bias going on there.

Marketwatch is now owned by Dow Jones and previously operated through a partnership with CBS News and The Financial Times.  All of them are well known and respected in the finance industry.  You can find bias anywhere you look but I'd trust any of those sites more than the likes of: 

https://valadian.github.io/SandersHealthcareCalculator/

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

Marketwatch is now owned by Dow Jones and previously operated through a partnership with CBS News and The Financial Times.  All of them are well known and respected in the finance industry.  You can find bias anywhere you look but I'd trust any of those sites more than the likes of: 

https://valadian.github.io/SandersHealthcareCalculator/

Granted, 

The difference is that this uses all available numbers/information (as much or as little as it may be) to give you an idea based on your personal situation.

The other is hearing from the very people who would be receiving a new tax.

This is poetry. 

Well, it's pretty well known that in addition to being a musical genius, thought leader and business tycoon, I'm also a poet laureate.  

My resume is long and impressive.  As are other parts of me.

That said, my humility is the thing I'm most proud of.

When you force a tax on an industry, the cost is passed onto the consumer.

When you force any entity to increase their costs, they pass them onto the consumer.

Bernie isn't stupid. He knows this. He's popular because people get all warm and fuzzy for silly ideas. Especially when they think it benefits them. 

Granted, 

The difference is that this uses all available numbers/information (as much or as little as it may be) to give you an idea based on your personal situation.

The other is hearing from the very people who would be receiving a new tax.

*Per a pro-Bernie website.  The only difference is you support Bernie so you believe what he and people associated with him put out while giving less credibility to companies that make a living off at least trying to be objective.  Plenty of articles on Marketwatch, the Financial Times and so on will discuss the pros and cons of things impacting the industry.  I'll take the analysis of those sites over anything Bernie/Hillary/Trump and so on say in defense of their supposed plans.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

She makes a name for herself going after the lowest hanging fruit.

The cons make you scared of ISIS but the libs want the poor to be scared of the upper middle class and higher.

Both campaigns of fear, not hope.

both campaign on control of the masses, too.

A realistic problem is that Wall Street - which is run by very clever people - finds a way to avoid the "Bernietax" and puts money off-shore.

Anyhow, I think singling out the free college idea doesn't really make a lot of sense. It is part of a more comprehensive approach that Bernie wants to take, just one aspect of his "newer deal."

You're right, it's that idea, the health care, anything else that adds to our ever growing national debt which the Bern has plenty of.  The problem with creating these money pits is once they are created, they are here to stay.  What we need is the reverse of everything our government has been doing the last few decades and cut spending, cut programs, and balance a ****ing budget.  Shit we need to go much further than balancing a budget...we need a surplus for years in order to pay down the 19 trillion we are in the hole.  If I ran my business the way the government runs this country I would've been on the streets years ago.  BTW, I'm not blaming Dems, both parties have a spending problem, they just spend it in different ways, both of which are not the ways I believe the money should be spent.  

If for no other reason, voting for Sanders is a good idea in my view because he genuinely wants to do good for the average Joe american and rebuild our corrupt as hell system.

At least he doesn't pretend to be a native american, I'll say that for him.

The more power/control/authority given to government only increases corruption, despite Mr. Sanders' genuine intentions. 

Part of his "political revolution" he talks about is getting more people involved in voting out the corrupt ones.

A good place to start is voting for Tim Canova over Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Young people are morons. They can't help it. They're young. Democracy doesn't work, dude. People vote in their own interest. Politicians exploit those interests. 

I have to disagree.

If election day was a national holiday and everyone was automatically registered to vote, you would see voter turnout incredibly larger than it is now.