• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another Left Field Thread

Stradling

I know this should be a poll question, but the mobile version doesn't allow for it and I am on an IPad.

What will happen, will the Angels start the season with a platoon of what they have now, whether that is Nava and Gentry or one of the other guys that we currently have steps up and becomes part of the platoon.

Or

Will they sign someone, or make a trade before the start of the season to give us more of an everyday left fielder?

This isn't a "what should they do" because just about everyone on here thinks the best thing is to get an everyday left fielder. This is a what will they do thread.

I sort of expect that we're starting the season with Nava/Gentry

I think that if things work out, one of Tropeano, Shoemaker, or Santiago will hopefully have driven their value up a bit in order make a trade possible.  Or if we're out of it, Richards or potentially Calhoun for a haul to help jump start the farm.

If I were the GM at this point, I would protect the June draft picks at all costs.  Definitely no on Fowler.  We have to rebuild the farm in the shortest time frame possible, no matter what the cost will be to on field performance this year.  I'd rather see Austin Jackson than Gentry, but definitely keep Nava and give him a good shot.  I also agree with wopphil, move Santiago for a couple of higher level prospects.  This will probably be a rough year, but it will not be like the really ugly year's of the 90's.  I like the fact that Eppler has changed almost 50% of the 40 man roster, that a sizable shakeup, even if it hasn't fixed holes in the starting nine.  At this point there is no way to be dominant this year, so choose the path to shortest recovery - build the farm, look for reasonably priced guys on short contracts to weather the storm, develop our younger players for the future, and ignore all the crap you take from the fans about what you should have done.

Eppler's is going to be here five years, so would have Dipoto if he had not quit.  Keep focused on the bigger picture, because it's not that bleak if we can do a quick rebuild during 2016 and 2017.  Personally I'm going to enjoy this season seeing players fight for positions, and trying to over achieve, win or lose.

Edited by tomsred

Daniel Nava had a walk-off single on August 1, 2013 winning the game for the Red Sox over the White Sox. It was clutch... I don't need to worry about his other 1600 plate appearances. I know Daniel Nava will be great based on just this one. It was so great, in fact, that it instantly cured my Howie Kendrick PTSD.

I don't see Santiago traded anytime soon ... at least I hope not. He needs to make his adjustments and become the pitcher he was pre-allstar break.

Texas and Houston are the favorites but I'm not close to giving up on 2016 ... and believe Arte & co feel the same way. It's anybody's guess now as to what, if any, will happen next.

I'll go with a trade.

Nava or Gentry will be in the Opening Day lineup. We picked up Simmons, Escobar, Soto, Pennington and Alburquerque. Pujols should be healthy and we will also see Skaggs return at some point. This team will be better than last years team. I think that Eppler did a good job adding pieces without blowing out the budget.

I sort of expect that we're starting the season with Nava/Gentry

I think that if things work out, one of Tropeano, Shoemaker, or Santiago will hopefully have driven their value up a bit in order make a trade possible.  Or if we're out of it, Richards or potentially Calhoun for a haul to help jump start the farm.

If they are going to rebuild they will have to trade Trout.

Wrong, he's our franchise player.  Everyone else can go.

And when his contract is over, he is leaving, because there is no way he sticks through rebuild years. and then Halos miss a huge opportunity to restock the farm with one player. I'm against rebuilding period, I think the current team we have is good enough to compete and get into the playoffs and once in well you know the cliche, anything can happen.

And when his contract is over, he is leaving, because there is no way he sticks through rebuild years. and then Halos miss a huge opportunity to restock the farm with one player. I'm against rebuilding period, I think the current team we have is good enough to compete and get into the playoffs and once in well you know the cliche, anything can happen.

And you know this for a fact that he is leaving?  And first you say we are rebuilding, and then you say that you are against it.  Again, you know we are rebuilding, how?  I don't think we will ever rebuild from the ground up, and I don't think Trout will ever leave.  And my opinions are as good as yours.