• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It all makes too much sense

Career Away numbers:

Blackmon: .241/.283/.370

Dickerson: .249/.286/.410

Hmm.

they both suck. Nava is better. 

I doubt the Angels would make good use of their first round pick, so I wouldn't mind going after Dexter Fowler.

Edited by Poozy

Dickerson's numbers are too small a sample size. Again, last season was really his first full year getting consistent AB's. Matt Holliday had poor away numbers from Coors his first few years with Colorado

Blackmon is definitely much more of a red flag but there is no way in hell I'd take Nava over Dickerson lol

So let me get this straight, you're harping on Dickerson/Blackmon because of the Coors effect but then advocate signing a guy who has also highly benefitted from playing in good hitters parks...all the while losing a 1st round pick in the process. Damn

Edited by bloodbrother

Dickerson's numbers are too small a sample size. Again, last season was really his first full year getting consistent AB's. Matt Holliday had poor away numbers from Coors his first few years with Colorado

Blackmon is definitely much more of a red flag but there is no way in hell I'd take Nava over Dickerson lol

So let me get this straight, you're harping on Dickerson/Blackmon because of the Coors effect but then advocate signing a guy who has also highly benefitted from playing in good hitters parks...all the while losing a 1st round pick in the process. Damn

The Angels need guys that get on base. Especially in front of trout. 

The lineup is riddled with low on base players right now.

They finished 26th out of 30 last year in OBP. Without Trout, they would've had the worst OBP in baseball. 

Dickerson just isn't a good fit for this particular lineup.

Edited by Poozy

Despite his poor away numbers, I'd definitely trade Santiago or Shoemaker for Dickerson, probably Tropeano too. Many players are better at home than on the road, and while I haven't done the research, I'm guessing conditions in Denver magnify the home-road differential, which probably lessens once a player goes somewhere else to play.

All that said, clearly Dickerson isn't the hitter his overall numbers imply (.299/.345/.534). My guess is that he'd be more like a .270/.315/.450 hitter, which is probably better than Nava-Gentry.

Ken Rosenthal tweeted today that he is hearing the Rockies won't be trading Blackmon, but if they do trade an OF, it will be Dickerson.  He also said he believes Dickerson would require less to get than Blackmon would.  Would that be because he was injured last year?

Ken Rosenthal tweeted today that he is hearing the Rockies won't be trading Blackmon, but if they do trade an OF, it will be Dickerson.  He also said he believes Dickerson would require less to get than Blackmon would.  Would that be because he was injured last year?

It's probably because they cannot get as much in return for Blackmon. Makes sense.

They're going to have to deal either Gonzo or Dickerson to get a solid return. Otherwise it makes no sense that they signed Parra. 

The Rockies would probably shy away from Santiago and his 53% fly ball rate. Even last season Shoemaker only had a 42% fly ball rate. In 2014 Shoe had a 38% fly ball rate. At Coors field that is a huge difference.

Edited by notti

I'd give up Trop or Skaggs for Dickerson.  Seems to have potential to be a pretty good player.  Not great, but good.

Yeah... Plus Trops fastball/Changeup and excellent command would play out in Coors Field.

The guys with the big breaking balls and fly ball rates get destroyed there. 

i guess if i had to take one of Col OF i would prefer Dickerson based more on potential than anything.
Last year he had fewer at bats than the year before and 2/3 were on the road for some reason putting up a 257/272/453/725 line... pretty unexciting. 

The year before might be a better comparison to use and his home/roads splits were markedly different, but even without that he put up a 252/305/431/736.  

Not wild about the BB/K ratio even a little bit. 
I dont think its a good fit in the least to be honest and likely not significantly better than what we already have so i really dont see the point.

What I like about Dickerson is you get a little play with lineup roles with him and Calhoun. You can sort of experiment with either in the #2 or #5/6 spot and see if one benefits more in the OBP department with Trout behind him, and have the other be the mid-lineup lefty 'power' threat.

Again, platoon splits. Dickerson was a decent prospect, but all the Rickies minor league teams also play in hitter friendly environs.

You don't trade Tropeano for a player that's going to have some serious hangover issues moving away from a hitting friendly park in the NL to a pitcher friendly park in the AL. What you're going to be left with is sacrificing 5+ years of a very good #3/4 starter for 3 years of a slightly above replacement level LF.

That would be a downright terrible trade. There's nothing Dickerson gives this team that a future rotation front by Richards, Heaney, a healthy Skaggs and an adjusted Tropeano cannot exceed.

I would trade Santiago or Shoemaker for Dickerson, but nothing more.

Those 43 stolen bases ahead of Pujols and Trout would be nice.

Oh I know. While Blackmon isn't my first choice, if we could get him for a Santiago or Shoemaker, I'm down! He'd be like getting Ben Revere with a better arm, more power.

The more I read and review old game video on Tropeano the more I want to keep him. 92-95 MPH fastball, great change & breaking ball, excellent command, good pitchers body. 

What's not to like?

Oh I know. While Blackmon isn't my first choice, if we could get him for a Santiago or Shoemaker, I'm down! He'd be like getting Ben Revere with a better arm, more power.

The more I read and review old game video on Tropeano the more I want to keep him. 92-95 MPH fastball, great change & breaking ball, excellent command, good pitchers body. 

What's not to like?

I'll probably like Skaggs too, but at this point I want a legit LF for the next few years.  Especially one with wheels now that we have moved the human windmill to 1st base.