• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My Bold Prediction

Stradling

Padres better stock up on bows and arrows.

Alburquerque was really solid in 2011 and 2014, but really fell back in 2015.

Still only allowed 4 HRs in 62 innings, but for the first time allowed more hits than innings pitched and had less K's than innings pitched.

And he was always well below 1 hit per inning and well above 1 K per inning, before 2015 happened.

Another clean peanut being searched for, and nothing more! 

.........Or we blow past the Threshold for one season, package Calhoun in a trade and sign two free agent outfielders! Those are my BOLD predictions.

I dig that. 

Calhoun, Newcomb, Ellis for Fernandez

Cespedes 1 yr, $20MM

Upton 6 years

I'm guessing the Angels do something like Santiago for Jay Bruce here pretty soon. It isn't so much that Hector is what the Reds are looking for as a return as much as it saves them 7 million dollars off Bruce's deal, gives them an additional year of a SP, and could set them up for a QO afterward. They're both talented individuals who struggle with inconsistency. Santiago always seems to put any struggles in the rear view mirror, which is a great quality to have, and despite coming from Cincy, Bruce splits and scouting report indicate the power will player anywhere. In essence, I view Bruce very similar to how I view Cron, which is low OBP and solid amount of HR's. The difference being one costs 12 million, the other is the league minimum.

Financially speaking, it puts the Angels over the salary cap, but only by a small amount, and the option next year gives the Angels the freedom to not be hindered by any long term contract, but if they did decide to pick up his option, they could easily afford it with the money coming off the books from Weaver and Wilson's exodus.

i still don't think that the halos will go over the CBT for Jay Bruce while giving up Santiago and his two years of control at a cheaper salary.  

Bruce is the guy that everyone keeps waiting for to be better than he's ever been.  

If I am moving Santiago for a position player, it's gonna be for a major league ready minor leaguer.  Not expecting a top prospect or anything, but someone who is club controlled, blocked at the mlb level, and has the upside to be an above average major league player.  But more likely ends up average.  If he's not worth that, then move on and keep him.  

I can't pretend to be excited about this either way.  The most obvious solution remains.  

Having to dance around some arbitrary number and potentially waste another year of the best player in baseball being on your team for a limited window will be something that I will have tough time getting over no matter the excuses.  

I'm just never going to agree if we don't sign one of the available top LFers.  All the other options are just pissing in the wind.