• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone think that maybe Eppler is working on another big trade?

beatlesrule

Okay then if most of our players absolute garbage, the team should just trade Trout and start over.  At least it would give them an identity.  From what I can gather from this board, Trout, Calhoun, Richards, Heaney, Simmons and maybe Skaggs are the only good players the Angels have.  That leaves the majority of the players average to terrible.  This team needs a 3rd baseman, a 2nd baseman, a LF, and a better bullpen.  In order for that to happen, the owner would need to spend over the luxury tax or trades would need to happen.  So far, Arte is very reluctant to go over and Eppler can't trade anyone because most of our players are no good.  Seems like the Angels will be finishing in 3rd or 4th next year.

Okay then if most of our players absolute garbage, the team should just trade Trout and start over.  At least it would give them an identity.  From what I can gather from this board, Trout, Calhoun, Richards, Heaney, Simmons and maybe Skaggs are the only good players the Angels have.  That leaves the majority of the players average to terrible.  This team needs a 3rd baseman, a 2nd baseman, a LF, and a better bullpen.  In order for that to happen, the owner would need to spend over the luxury tax or trades would need to happen.  So far, Arte is very reluctant to go over and Eppler can't trade anyone because most of our players are no good.  Seems like the Angels will be finishing in 3rd or 4th next year.

Nah Arte just needs to spend 50+ million this off season..

problems solved.

Well yea that's about right. After Eppler gutted the farm on Simmons, the only option is for Arte to spend money. 

Edited by tennischmp

It definetely seems like the angels are trying to shed payroll to make a run at one of the big FAs. So a trade thats "big news" might not be in play, but a salary dump might.

Only problem i have with it is sont wait too long to trade...market might dry up. Sign whatever big name you want now and try to cut cost after

How was Simmons not a need? We had 1 year of Aybar left who wasn't sticking around and there

are zero free agent shortstops next year worth a damn. Quit saying that

I'd let that go if I were you.  Some here are adamant that Aybar was fine and was going to re-sign for cheap.  They ignore that Simmons compares to The Wizard himself.  I love the trade but, like most trades, there will always be people with differing opinions.  Funny thing is Aybar drove pretty much all of us crazy and we got a 25 year old upgrade to take his place and people act like we traded away Trout for Jane Fonda.

It's not that Simmons wasn't a need for the more distant future, but instead that there are more urgent needs than blowing our very limited prospect load for a position we were already set for in 2016.  If we sign somebody worthwhile and go over the luxury tax for LF then the Simmons trade looks a lot better and nobody will give a crap. if we sign a couple of washed up hasbeens to create a shitty platoon situation then what was the point.

Well, I was right about the trade but I'd hardly call it big. Escobar is an upgrade but we still need a LF. Is another trade for Cargo or Blackmon in the works? Someone else? Just sign Upton? Remember, players are more important than money so use our excess pitching to upgrade elsewhere?

Edited by beatlesrule

Houston was dangling George Springer.  I don't think they would trade directly with us, but I could see a three-team deal where Santiago goes to somewhere, who sends someone to Houston, and we get Springer. 

Springer has put up star numbers when healthy. No shot we have the assets to acquire him especially when you consider Houston is in our division

You talking about Ryan Zimmerman?

This trade is so in favor of the Angels I'm pretty sure it would get shot down by the commissioner.

For the Nationals, it would be trading Zimmerman for Santiago.  That's ridiculous.