• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels talking with Justin Upton's representatives

It could be that Arte and Eppler have not talked about actual hard figures for each of them.

But that would be preposterous. LF is the most pressing issue for the Angels, and I can't possibly fathom how they haven't discussed hard figures––or even decided on a player yet. Seems like they're just winging it if this is true. 

True, but as Sanchez said, you'd think they'd already have confirmation on who we want and how much to spend before the process even starts. Seems ill prepared. But I'm not in a FO anywhere so who the heck knows I guess.

I think they do.  It's 'stay under the luxury tax.  If you don't feel the team has improved enough to make the playoffs then call me to discuss it'.  

But that would be preposterous. LF is the most pressing issue for the Angels, and I can't possibly fathom how they haven't discussed hard figures––or even decided on a player yet. Seems like they're just winging it if this is true. 

Yeah, I can't imagine them not having some preliminary discussions on how much they would pay for each player they are targeting. 

A 2B with OBP doesnt exist nowadays, so that is a little much to ask. I dont know whos really available, id higly doubt we can get a 2nd basemen this offseason.

Sign Upton or Heyward. Trade for Evan Longoria. Sign a solid bullpen arm. Thats a championship level team. Unfortunately we have nothing left to trade.

Zobrist .359 OBP

2.Upton

3.Trout

4.Pujols

5.Calhoun

6.Cron

I would love to pick up a 2B or 3B that can lead off with solid obp and preferably some speed. Maybe Walker (although not very fast)? What other legitimate leadoff options do we have?

Btw, Gio fits the profile... I just feel like he might regress, plus I don't think he fits Eppler's defensive route.

Jeff Fletcher ‏@JeffFletcherOCR

Angels GM Billy Eppler, on how close he's getting to a deal, using a football analogy: "Across the 50. The kicker is stretching."

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna

GM Billy Eppler has spoken to agents for all big FA OFs (Cespedes, Heyward, Upton, etc) but don't expect #Angels to set market w/first deal.

Edited by bloodbrother

Jeff Fletcher ‏@JeffFletcherOCR

Angels GM Billy Eppler, on how close he's getting to a deal, using a football analogy: "Across the 50. The kicker is stretching."

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna

GM Billy Eppler has spoken to agents for all big FA OFs (Cespedes, Heyward, Upton, etc) but don't expect #Angels to set market w/first deal.

Oh shit, he's going for a field goal instead of a touchdown.

Seth Smith, welcome to Anaheim. 

He's a 'tweener: not a lead-off guy nor a power guy--both of which the Angels need.  Plus he hits from the right side.

i agree with this. this kid has a ton of power but hasn't really had a big season. hits for decent avg. but nothing terribly impressive. i seem to recall him being good defensively but i'm not sure that his play with the glove really stands out.

i can't really see a reason to go after someone who still carries the dreaded potential label. i feel the same way about heyward, and i wouldn't really go after him, either.