• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samardzija to Giants 5 years 90 million.

Second Base

Dammit.

I was really hoping we'd sign him, I really don't think we can afford to trade any pitching unless we sign one. This is a fair deal for both parties involved imo.

We're going to have to sign a few position players now if we aren't signing any pitchers. Just one outfielder isn't going to solve this teams offensive problems. Trading away Aybar for a crappy hitting SS didn't help things either

Might as well hold onto as much pitching as we can, since the going rate for a 30-something mid/backend starter these days is at least 70 million.

I mean can you imagine Santiago in free agency? 5 years 75 million. Shoemaker 4 years 48 million. Wilson 3 years 40 million. Weaver - retired.

Might as well hold onto as much pitching as we can, since the going rate for a 30-something mid/backend starter these days is at least 70 million.

I mean can you imagine Santiago in free agency? 5 years 75 million. Shoemaker 4 years 48 million. Wilson 3 years 40 million. Weaver - retired.

Starting to think the Angels should just draft SPers. Way cheaper to develop those instead of signing, and then sign of trade from SP prospect depth for hitters.

Starting to think the Angels should just draft SPers. Way cheaper to develop those instead of signing, and then sign of trade from SP prospect depth for hitters.

I think Eppler just did that for a ss but many people did not like the deal. 

Samardjzia (spelling ? always - I agree - I'm not looking it up -- just guessing) an OK signing for SF Giants -- he will certainly help them and pitching at AT&T will help his stats.

I think the SF Giants over-paid for him but I probably think that of virtually every off-season F/A deal I see.

As for the Dodgers and Giants get 'trumped' by the D-Backs for that $270 million (or whatever it is, the numbers get too large, I lose track) long term deal for Grienke -- don't think so -- I think both teams -- and especially the Dodgers --- sort of dodged a bullet..........I think Grienke is going to send at least half, if not more, of his new contract time on the DL.   He had a very good season in 2015 in a pitcher's park -- I think he's a fragile commodity and the D-Backs better insure his contract now --- if they can -- his record of lost time is not good.

from that standpoint, Giants won by signing Samardjzia instead of the incredibly more expensive Grienke.

Today's LA TIMES has a 'sky is falling' article because the Dodgers let the D-Backs vastly over-pay/ spend for Grienke.

Interestingly the article lists other somewhat good quality F/A options including -- Scott Kazmir !!!

Been there, done -- why do I get this feeling that Grienke is going to pull a Kazmir  (the kind he did with the Halos -- not his 'comeback' with the A's) on the D-Backs.?