• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Byung-ho Park

Anybody surprised he got such a cheap deal? 12/4 is nothing more than change by today's standards. Obviously at age 29, with no Major league experience Park wasn't going to get a huge Tanaka-like contract but even after the bidding quantity (12.85M), he seems like a bargain. I don't know what 105 HR, .324/.434/.700 in the past 2 years translates to but how can they even lose this deal at 3M per year?? 

I would look very closely at the Asian pro guys who are available....no draft pick compensation, posting fee doesn't count against the luxury tax (I don't think) and some can be had for a lot less than American FA's.....when Happ gets 36 million over 3 years, you aren't going to find many bargains in the American FA pool.....there is risk involved with no major league experience but it makes some sense to me...

I would like to kick tires on both Madea and Hwang at this point. No idea how Hwang's defense is but its solid I would be thrilled to see his numbers translate from .290/.350/.521 to .260/.330/.420. We would essentially be getting Freese back at a big discount while younger and better defensively (hopefully). Maeda will command substantially more money but we would almost certainly receive a lot more value per dollar and risk then if we were to shop in the American market. 

I would like to kick tires on both Madea and Hwang at this point. No idea how Hwang's defense is but its solid I would be thrilled to see his numbers translate from .290/.350/.521 to .260/.330/.420. We would essentially be getting Freese back at a big discount while younger and better defensively (hopefully). Maeda will command substantially more money but we would almost certainly receive a lot more value per dollar and risk then if we were to shop in the American market. 

Don't forget about Ho (I believe that's his name).  The Korean closer that also played in Japan and did well.  He's a total free agent.  And would look good as part of the relief corps.  

Don't forget about Ho (I believe that's his name).  The Korean closer that also played in Japan and did well.  He's a total free agent.  And would look good as part of the relief corps.  

Thanks, I thought there was another name out there (it was 'Oh' by the way). Hadn't heard much about him but after looking him up his numbers look incredibly good.He is a past 30 though (33) but relievers tend to be effective for longer time plus that only means we get him for a lesser price. 

If we got Maeda we have the flexibility of flipping Wilson for a solid reliever and at the same time save some $. Getting a decent reliever for Wilson + 'Oh' would solidify the pen.