• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners looking to trade Mark Trumbo

I think Trumbo's had a difficult couple years, not being comfortable, not knowing his future. Part of me believes he performed as well as he did for the Angels because So-Cal is his comfort zone. His friends and family are here, he lives here 9 months out of the year. When you disrupt everything off the field, the performance on the field suffers. For that reason, I think if the Angels reacquired him, he'd be better.

If he's in a good place, I think Trumbo hits .260/.310 30 DB 40 HR's.

I think when Cron is a finished project, he hits .280/.320 30 DB 30 HR's

Either is a fine addition to our lineup. But seeing as Pujols has basically regressed into Mark Trumbo/CJ Cron, I don't think this lineup would operate effectively with 1/3 to 1/2 (adding in C and SS) of it posting OBP's that low.

So no on Trumbo.

Id take him back, personally. Liked him here, local kid.

His obp is bad. But not much different than calhoun...seriously, anyone notice they had roughly identical years last season?

Like i said, for the right deal id do it. I like cron, was clamoring for him when he was in the minors. Im still hoping he turns the corner (like we saw in the second half). But if he doesnt, and he and trumbo are roughly the same hitter, id take trumbo because at least he can play a position.

I think Trumbo's had a difficult couple years, not being comfortable, not knowing his future. Part of me believes he performed as well as he did for the Angels because So-Cal is his comfort zone. His friends and family are here, he lives here 9 months out of the year. When you disrupt everything off the field, the performance on the field suffers. For that reason, I think if the Angels reacquired him, he'd be better.

This ^^^^^^^

I think that signing Pujols ruined a true hometown player in Trumbo at a young age. His confidence spiraled downhill since that trade. The Hamilton signing then sent Morales packing. Shameful that two good guys were pushed out of the organization for the malfunctioning machine and a crackhead. 

To be fair ... Hamilton used to be a crack head many moons ago. He is a recovering addict and should be labeled as such. The same goes for alcoholism or other addictions in recovery. Hamilton has never been in denial about his addiction. Personally, I don't hate the man but I hate the drug and what it's doing to our country. Drug addiction is a very serious disease and ruining many lives and the lives of people around them. The growing population of the homeless tells the story.

Hamilton was the worst signing in Angels history IMO. Signing a recovering addict to a $125M contract is plain stupidity.

Edited by Troll Daddy

This ^^^^^^^

I think that signing Pujols ruined a true hometown player in Trumbo at a young age. His confidence spiraled downhill since that trade. The Hamilton signing then sent Morales packing. Shameful that two good guys were pushed out of the organization for the malfunctioning machine and a crackhead.

I don't agree with this post. The Albert signing ruined him? How bout his inability to take a walk ruined him. His inability to play average defense at any position ruined him. Oh and ignore the fact that Morales was awful for two years before this year. If he had those poor years with us we would have sent him packing too. Edited by Stradling

It's all Albert and Arte's fault!

With Albert's latest injury coupled with the departure of his clown buddy Aybar it wouldn't surprise me to see Albert have a real lousy season. But people will defend that contract to the bitter end. I wish someone could dig up that old "how many championships will Pujols bring us" thread from the old AW forum format.

No one is defending the contract, you just only see the bad in it. Also why would how people originally being excited have anything to do with "defending the contract to the bitter end". "Clown buddy Aybar" is a real choice description for a player that was pretty damn good, played hard for us for about 10 years and came up through the organization. I truly wonder what kind of enjoyment you get out of this, seriously.

they'll find Trumbo in the bargain bin............

having posted that -- gotta say I always liked Trumbo -- S. Cal guy...played well for us......and then when he got traded from the Halos to AZ some here may recall he was scheduled to do a Halos community outreach appearance and went ahead and made it despite having just been dealt away.

sort of on the decline in Seattle - and YES -- as pointed out earlier in this thread -- Trumbo needs to be a full time DH who seldom, if ever, puts a glove on in LF or 1B.

I think hes fine at 1B. I think being moved around from there, to LF, to RF, to a different one every day is gonna cause problems with most guys.

As far as his bat, he struggled in Az but he also had PF if i remember. In seattle he started slow, but had a good second half. Im probably overvaluing him, but i think some are selling him short

Wouldn't be even close to the worst thing the Angels have ever done.  Especially with the uncertainty around mr cleanup.  My guess is Pujols returns as a shadow of his shadow.  At which point it might be useful to have a guy who can hit cleanup and use the glove.