• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Davis

martinpa25

I rather have Gerardo Parra (Orioles) in LF, Daniel Murphy at 2B, Freese at 3B, and trade Santiago for Bullpen help. Murphy might not cost us a pick because I think the Mets will not give him a QO, same with Parra who is a decent LF. Freese signed for 3-4 years at 8 mil would be fair.

you obviously haven't been watching the playoffs this year.  They will be rioting if Murphy is not tendered an offer.

I think I'd sign Martin Prado to play 2B and 3B, while occasionally filling in at 1B or LF. Next, I'd trade Santiago for a good RP to slot in the late innings. Then I'd sign Upton for big money to play LF. Then I'd shed some payroll by cutting Salas loose, and trading CJ Wilson at the end of ST. I'd re-up Murphy, but as soon as I sign Upton, I'd trade him to save money. I'd cap it off with a simple 1-1 trade of someone like Shoemaker for a depth player like Alex Guerrero to offer additional insurance in the infield and OF.

Calhoun, Prado, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Cron, Aybar, Perez, Kubitza

Bandy, Guerrero, Giavotella, Cowgill

Richards, Heaney, Tropeano, Skaggs, Weaver - Newcomb and Ellis by the end of the year. Smith is depth.

Street, Smith, _____, Gott, Morin, Rasmus, Alvarez/Ramos

Pujols would bat 5th?

Anyone ask him about that yet?

We should keep Pujols at 3rd. 

The third spot comes up with 2 outs and no one on base more than any other spot in the lineup, which maximizes his solo homerun / garbage performance with runners on base skill set. 1, 2, 4 & 5 are all higher leverage spots in the lineup.

I'm over the big money free agent thing.  The incremental value over a decent player relative to what you'd spend getting there is not worth it.  Plus, I'm don't want to give up the draft pick.  

I just want this team to sign good players. I'm not concerned with the cost or the draft pick specifically, as I don't feel like this team is in position to prioritize such things. If we can get a few 3 win players this offseason then I will be happy.

I think I'd sign Martin Prado to play 2B and 3B, while occasionally filling in at 1B or LF. Next, I'd trade Santiago for a good RP to slot in the late innings. Then I'd sign Upton for big money to play LF. Then I'd shed some payroll by cutting Salas loose, and trading CJ Wilson at the end of ST. I'd re-up Murphy, but as soon as I sign Upton, I'd trade him to save money. I'd cap it off with a simple 1-1 trade of someone like Shoemaker for a depth player like Alex Guerrero to offer additional insurance in the infield and OF.

Calhoun, Prado, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Cron, Aybar, Perez, Kubitza

Bandy, Guerrero, Giavotella, Cowgill

Richards, Heaney, Tropeano, Skaggs, Weaver - Newcomb and Ellis by the end of the year. Smith is depth.

Street, Smith, _____, Gott, Morin, Rasmus, Alvarez/Ramos

I really like Prado, but how do you suggest the team acquire him? He's not a FA 

Like I've stated previously Chris Davis is the ONLY AL left handed power hitter who is available through FA or Trade that has averaged over .270+ at the Big A over the last 5 years.

Which is why you sign him!

If the park zaps his power he will still hit for a 260-280 AVG at home. And he uses the entire field his gap power the opposite way would work out well here!

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

I miss that Old Man AO!!! It made for entertaining summers watching Cubbie baseball on WGN....My thought when he would go out to the bleachers once a year and everyone was buying him his cold, frosty Budweisers was how many will it take Harry to fall out of the Bleachers and onto the field I always said the over/under was +13 for being an old dude!