• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto on signing Hamilton

m0nkey

Hey another Dipoto thread.  What else is new?

"Asked on Tuesday why he was not successful in convincing Angels Owner Arte Moreno to not sign Hamilton, Dipoto said, “As Arte told me at the time, it was his decision to make. … In Josh’s free-agent year, I met with Josh, met with his wife, and we talked through it.

“Obviously, Arte and the Angels’ upper management was heavily involved in what we were doing, and rightfully so. He’s the owner of the club. It’s his decision to make. My position is to manage what I’ve been given the ability to manage, and that’s what I do.”"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-jerry-dipoto-20150929-story.html

Hey another Dipoto thread.  What else is new?

"Asked on Tuesday why he was not successful in convincing Angels Owner Arte Moreno to not sign Hamilton, Dipoto said, “As Arte told me at the time, it was his decision to make. … In Josh’s free-agent year, I met with Josh, met with his wife, and we talked through it.

“Obviously, Arte and the Angels’ upper management was heavily involved in what we were doing, and rightfully so. He’s the owner of the club. It’s his decision to make. My position is to manage what I’ve been given the ability to manage, and that’s what I do.”"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-jerry-dipoto-20150929-story.html

boom!

Do people really believe Jerry is the one who pushed for Pujols and Hamilton?

Well Chuck heard straight from Dipoto that Arte never made him do anything, for what that's worth. Chuck mentioned that in direct connection with the Albert and Josh signings.

Okay, while I'd still love to have Dipoto around, screw him.

He quit on us in the middle of the damn season. I don't care what reason he had. 

Hope he crashes and burns in Seattle. 

You have an owner who forced him to sign Pujols and Hamilton, which severely limited the actual moves he could make.

I'm surprised he stuck around as long as he did.

Edited by Poozy

You have an owner who forced him to sign Pujols and Hamilton, which severely limited the actual moves he could make.

I'm surprised he stuck around as long as he did.

If JD absolutely did not want either of those two, I don't see that as the main reasons he left. I think it was day to day clashing between him, Arte and Sosh with regards to baseball philosophy. 

That's why I said that the Angels GM position is an underminded entry level stooge job with no authority. Arte puts his faith in Scioscia and Pujols. I seriously doubt that Billy Eppler will accept a position under those circumstances.

I think Eppler will accept the job, and we will be the better for it.