• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kyle Seager is Right

Capital_Dave

Nah. I'm not a fan of bean ball wars, but Weaver wasn't gonna be in that game for long.   Another inning, possibly, if he managed to get through it unscathed. 

Also, I don't think it was automatic that he'd get tossed.  Maybe, considering the umpire?  I don't follow umpires closely.

I hope someone else drills Seager in the next series. 

I liked Weav's emotion there.  It spurred the offense on and we scored a run.  We almost scored again a couple of times but then it wore off and they remembered that they suck.  

He didn't seem heated at all after he hit Seager. 

He seemed like a guy that is barely hanging on.  The game, season, and his career.  

Completely relevant, the offense didn't put up any supporting numbers regardless of when the starter exited. The team loses by not out scoring the opponents. One run means they failed Weaver not as much the other way around.

Ryan would have hit Seager so hard his dad would have formed a bruise. And the umpire would have told Seager not to waste everyone's time, take your base.

Weaver had no idea what the offense will do in the later innings. In hind sight, yes they only scored 1 run but Weaver doesn't know that. By getting thrown out in the 5th, he is putting the team in a disadvantage for the rest of the game.

He deserved to be beaned.  The backtalking, then the second time into the box with the overexaggerated time call, while staring down weaver, grabbing his crotch and dancing around in the box like Kinsler trying to bury a turd and continuing to talk at Weaver, all deserve a good rib shot.  Just wish Weaver had more power to make it leave a mark.   It's baseball Seager, not the WWE.  Get in the box and hit.  And to say other people do the same thing, maybe the hold their arm up for a while, but they aren't staring right at the pitcher.  Maybe Seager is normally quiet and respectful, but at that moment he was not.  Maybe he was having a bad day.  But that act got what it deserved.

Edited by Biergott

He deserved to be beaned.  The backtalking, then the second time into the box with the overexaggerated time call, while staring down weaver, grabbing his crotch and dancing around in the box like Kinsler trying to bury a turd and continuing to talk at Weaver, all deserve a good rib shot.  Just wish Weaver had more power to make it leave a mark.   It's baseball Seager, not the WWE.  Get in the box and hit.  And to say other people do the same thing, maybe the hold their arm up for a while, but they aren't staring right at the pitcher.  Maybe Seager is normally quiet and respectful, but at that moment he was not.  Maybe he was having a bad day.  But that act got what it deserved.

I'm sure he was staring at Weaver in case he threw a god damn pitch.

I hope Taijuan Walker puts one between Trout's shoulder blades when we see you in Anaheim .... as we help you guys not make the playoffs.

Edited by Ender

I'm sure he was staring at Weaver in case he threw a god damn pitch.

I hope Taijuan Walker puts one between Trout's shoulder blades when we see you in Anaheim .... as we help you guys not make the playoffs.

You're sure, as in, you called your boy up on the phone and he confirmed?

Next time you talk to him, tell him to put his f****** hand down and get ready to swing the bat.

You're sure, as in, you called your boy up on the phone and he confirmed?

Next time you talk to him, tell him to put his f****** hand down and get ready to swing the bat.

Or what? He'll get hit with some 83 mph heattttttttt?

I've been hit with harder stuff than that back in high school.

Or what? He'll get hit with some 83 mph heattttttttt?

I've been hit with harder stuff than that back in high school.

Sure bothered you last night in the GDT when you started trolling about your thumbnail sized d*** pics to other memeber's sisters, not to mention hoping Trout gets plunked for no reason the next time the M's come to town.

i agree that the batter should always play at the pitcher's pace...well, unless it's a super slow working pitcher. 

in most cases, batters moving at the pitcher's pace would speed the game up, which would make it a lot more fun to watch.

unfortunately, the league doesn't enforce it yet, and Seager was doing what he does in every AB of every game, and no other pitcher (including Weaver before this in many, many ABs) ever beaned him for it. 

Because Weaver didnt bean him for doing what he does every AB of every game. As a batter, you can't step in the box and "expect" to be granted time. The home plate ump didn't give him time until Weaver already began his delivery. Seagers antics were what got him plunked last night.

And no. A batter should not always play at the pitcher's pace. That's ridiculous. I find it hard that Kyle would use that as an excuse last night, when you state he does it every at bat.

Edited by LAAFANofLA

Weaver was right 4 years ago against the Tigers after the punk Carlos Guillen showboated his HR.

Weaver was wrong last night. 

Disagree on both counts.  Four years ago, Weaver was the ace of the staff and in the midst of his best season.  He risked (and received) a suspension.  The pitch was way up. Far more dangerous than the one he threw last night... even though he didn't hit the batter.  Weaver was furious that day. Last night, not so much.  It wasn't automatic he'd get tossed.  No warnings had been issued.