• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

K-State Marching Band FAIL (Win?)

I played for five seasons in two major college marching bands. Fortunately the directors who I played for stayed away from putting odd shapes in formations. On the field you have little idea of the alignment of the entire formation, just your small part of it. I was a rank captain, and it was hard enough just keeping 16 people in line in a normal formation, let alone something like what Kansas State did.

Few band performances make me stand back and say "wow" (both bands I played in have won the Sudler Trophy for the nation's best college marching band at one time or another). This one does.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I read somewhere that the band was fined, and they have a GoFundMe page that has raised more than twice what the fine was ($5,000). The fine was not for forming the Starship Enterprise/penis/whatever it morphed into, but for using the Jayhawk, which is a registered trademark of the University of Kansas.

OSU band is good.    But how would they have fared against the LB St. marching band in the 1970s?

LB St. marched some 160-180 strong, and was acknowledged as good of a marching band as there was in the West back then.

They even marched in the 1977 Rose Parade.

And the LB St. pep band numbered some 80-100 back then, and got similar accolades plus made life miserable for opposing basketball players. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

OSU band is good.    But how would they have fared against the LB St. marching band in the 1970s?

LB St. marched some 160-180 strong, and was acknowledged as good of a marching band as there was in the West back then.

They even marched in the 1977 Rose Parade.

And the LB St. pep band numbered some 80-100 back then, and got similar accolades plus made life miserable for opposing basketball players. 

OSU would have destroyed the beach, and you can take it to the bank!