• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels interested in landing Chase Utley from Phillies

Uhhhhhhh

Why?

Because he's a borderline Hall of Famer, had a 4.5 fWAR last year, and reputably figured out what was wrong with his swing this year, which was due to a nagging injury. At the least he should be better than Gio.

That said, I wouldn't give up anything substantial for him and I'd be a bit leery about paying that $45 million due him in 2016-18 if his 500 PA options vest.

The Giants are reportedly in on him, and if I was him, I'd choose to stay in the NL..

Yep, moving from NL to AL can be troublesome.  I can't see this happening for us, there's really not much he can do to influence this year, and the next three years are really expensive anyway.

I'd trade Featherstick for him, straight up, but that's it.

Not sure if you can trade a Rule 5 guy....but if you can, it would make sense....Philly isn't in the playoff hunt so they can carry him...we really need his roster spot badly....

We are two out. I don't get how we can't help the outcome of the season?

If it doesn't cost a lot go for it. What do you have to lose?

Yep, moving from NL to AL can be troublesome. I can't see this happening for us, there's really not much he can do to influence this year, and the next three years are really expensive anyway.

Alden Gonzalez is reporting that the Angels thought they'd get a deal done for him yesterday, and that they're still holding out hope it'll happen. Really hope they don't give up anything substantive for him.

I also hope that they don't agree to eat a bunch of money. The guy is already 36.

Utley >>>>>>>>>>>>> Giavotella

My only concern is what they would do with the roster if they did acquire Utley. If they released Featherston it leaves us without a legitimate backup SS (which is obviously a problem when Aybar is hurt). If they demote Cron that's stupid because he's been one of our best hitters lately. If they release Victorino or DeJesus that's awfully quickly to be giving up on someone. I guess they could go a pitcher short for two weeks, but that seems unlikely.