• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Long Beach police shoot man who stabbed six people

What is lost here is the story is posted 12 hours after the event and the reporter has no names for the victim, the dead assailant or a quote from a single witness or police official. This is the kind of shit journalism you get these days and then people go bat shit crazy and riot.

I may be generalizing but I doubt rioters are logging in to the LA Times Website (or plunking down $0.75 for a deadtree version) before deciding to riot.

These suits get brought because (1) they cost a fortune to defend and there is no mechanism for a defendant to recover its attorneys' fees (because everyone deserves their day in court, right), and (2) dumb juries, comprised largely of the same quality of people bringing these suits, give out insane awards. They want everyone to have their winning lottery ticket.

Any lawyer that takes the case should be immediately disbarred.

sad thing is, i guarantee you its not the family seeking out a lawyer...they dont need to. The lawyers that specialize in this are always scrambling to get to the family first to file the lawsuit. Its a good payday for the lawyer too.

Its simple...its cheaper to settle than to defend. The court system needs a serious overhaul