• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

In-N-Out's new shake recipe

I used to work at a TB at a beach location in OC in the mid 80's my manager was a coke head and when I worked the drive thru several customers offered to exchange food for drugs or booze. I'm not saynig INO is like this but in the fast food industry it can happen.

Edited by JAHV76

I'll go to Carl's (usually only the drive thru, because their drinks are so watered down they taste like crap. I seldom ever eat there). Jack and Burger King - never go there. And, since there is a Jack around the corner, I guess every time I go to eat from home, I go 10-15 minutes to avoid it.

Kind of funny you mention that.

I wouldn't drive 3 hours to In-N-Out but I regularly drive an extra 10-15 minutes to avoid Carl's Jr, Jack in the Box, and Burger King. Anybody else do this? Twenty years ago I never would have done that.

Yes. I will typically take a 45 min round trip to avoid those places. I'm coming to grips with the fact that health and the meat industry will probably push me to become a vegetarian at some point.

Love the concept of a flamed broiled burger from

CJs, but like Blarg has state in the past, it's very unappetizing to know that your meat is precooked and sits in a tray until needed.

Jack used to be my guilty pleasure when I was a drinker. It was right outside my gated community and for years it was my grease. However, I have tired of the tacos. The jalapeños aren't worth the fat and the burgers are awful.

The thought of Jack pretty much repulses me now.

Burger King. Embrace flame broiled but food is just not good.

McD's awful and really it's the one place I can't help but think pink slime whenever I consume it, which is rare.

I prefer a good Mexican taco stand any day of the week, but since I'm in irvine, that's not very accessible.

Closest thing I have is the Bodega market it Tustin.

Del Taco still works but my love for it, has really nosedived. And Taco Bell, no gracias.

I'll do in n out every once in a while, mainly at my wife's request. But the Habit is better and the strawberry lemonade is sugary cocaine.

Kind of a change in subject, but we have an In-N-Out coming to Medford. I live in Grants Pass which is about 30 minutes away from that. This In-N-Out is going to be insane. I can't imagine less than an hour wait for the first couple months or so. People drive down to Redding (3 hours away!!!) just to go there. It's ridiculous.

Now there are rumors of Grants Pass getting one, but I don't believe that for a second. We are too small and I've never been to an In-N-Out that wasn't crazy busy. Maybe we would get some people from up north but I just can't see them building one here.

Someone grabbed a "In-N-Out Coming Soon" banner from the Medford location and hung it up on an old Carl's Jr and the town went crazy. Once people realized it was a prank, the rumors have been swirling and it even made the front page. That's what happens when you live in a town with 35,000 people, I guess.

Good thing they introduced this shake just before opening in Methford. Are there any Burgerville locations by you? It always upset me that there wasn't one in Eugene.

Edited by HeavenlyHalos

Curiously, what kind of meth would make some actually fall asleep.

"professional" tweakers can sleep after a day of "work"

Funny enough, when i first started my job i expected all tweaks to be thin, all drunks to be fat. Its suprisingly almost the opposite. Most hard core tweaks i know can eat and sleep on it. And most of the fall down drunks i see are pretty thin from really not ever eating, just crushing vodka all day

Too many of these fast food places have lost their value. Their food was never great, but it was cheap. They served a purpose. Now to show profit growth they've gotten expensive. Too many places can put out good food at the price point they're now at. We really need for a few of them to go under and get replaced with some new blood.

Too many of these fast food places have lost their value. Their food was never great, but it was cheap. They served a purpose. Now to show profit growth they've gotten expensive. Too many places can put out good food at the price point they're now at. We really need for a few of them to go under and get replaced with some new blood.

good point. Thought maybe it was me, but none of these places are really "cheap" anymore

Will meth improve their fries?

Seriously. They're soggy 2 minutes later and they suck. Now I just get 2 burgers instead of the fries, because every time I get them I regret it. Not to mention way less carbs.

We have 5 Guys, but as somebody else pointed out, it's not even close to the same.

Is it supposed to be???

Yes. I will typically take a 45 min round trip to avoid those places.

That's a tad too much of a trip for me, but i know what you mean as for the most part I'd rather not eat than go to almost all fast food places these days.

What really sucks is about 20 years ago Carl's used to be soooo good. A Super Star when you're 12, 13 was like the best burgwr you could buy. Even the fries Were crispy and perfectly made. As soon as that $6 burger came out and they went on that shitty natural cut fries tirade, the fries were never the same and the quality of everything else dropped significantly.

What really sucks is about 20 years ago Carl's used to be soooo good. A Super Star when you're 12, 13 was like the best burgwr you could buy. Even the fries Were crispy and perfectly made. As soon as that $6 burger came out and they went on that shitty natural cut fries tirade, the fries were never the same and the quality of everything else dropped significantly.

I remember eating at Carl's Jr. when I used to travel to Vegas as a tourist. The food was pretty good. I won't even go to one now, even though there is one in my neighborhood. All of Jack in the Box's food seems to taste pretty much the same. I do like the fact that you can order anything on the menu at any time of day - which comes in handy when I'm going to an early meeting and I need to take something for lunch but I don't want to be stuck with breakfast food. Arby's has gotten incredibly pricey. I can almost go to Outback for what I would pay at Arby's.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan