• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

Goddammit. That is the epitome of an emotional hire. **** you Haden, retire already. Don't remember getting boatraced by Oregon the week prior?

Such a lazy hire.

I'm sure haden was planted by Notre Dame to bring down this program.

I can't wait till stanford goes in dry this Saturday

Having had a couple hours to calm down and reflect on this hire....**** YOU HADEN!!!  Agree that this is a lazy hire.  One which we will probably have to reopen in about 3 years. 

Look, Helton seems like a great guy.  A great leader.  Will be a fantastic head coach.  Some day.  Not today.  Not at SC.  His opening would be to go back to Memphis or Houston (when Herman leaves) and cut his teeth at a program like that.  Even though they beat ucla there still were offensive plays called that were complete head scratchers.  Stale play calling that got bailed out by the D and special teams actually showing up and making plays.  The majority of rushing yards came on the final drive when the game, for all intents and purposes, was already decided.

Do not like this hire at all.  You can't sustain emotion.  You need fundamentals, talent and coaching.  I could see us beating Furd, but I think we take it to the hilt in the Jerry Bowl 2016

I wonder how much of the hire had to do with the university not wanting to pay off an entire coaching staff and start over. I don't know what SC's assistants are paid, but I'm guessing that it is up there with the top schools in Division I. All of those coaches were in the first year of whatever deals they had, which made the rest of the contract due if they were fired.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I wonder how much of the hire had to do with the university not wanting to pay off an entire coaching staff and start over. I don't know what SC's assistants are paid, but I'm guessing that it is up there with the top schools in Division I. All of those coaches were in the first year of whatever deals they had, which made the rest of the contract due if they were fired.

Possibly, but I doubt it. Second year of a four year contract.

ESPN ticker just said SC wanted to interview Hue Jackson. Are you ****ing kidding me? Haden really needs to GTFO. Jackson was an epic failure during Hackett's tenure. King of the 3rd and long draw play. They'll eventually never expect it!!

Don't forget Greg Schiano.

No one wants to work for Haden. He is a micromanager. He sits in on team meetings, coaches meeting, willing to give his 2 cents on starters, etc. Not to mention the way he fired kiffin, the way he handled sark...who wants to work for a guy like haden? As we found out from the last 2 "searches" not many

Edited by nando714