• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Rumors, Reports, Ramblings....

I really don't have much of a desire for Reddick, Lind, or Revere at this point. Yes they'd be upgrades but at what cost? I just still don't see this team as taking it to the next level and one of these guys isn't going to help matters much. Not sure what the answer is, but I don't think it's these 3.

The deal was Gott for Revere two days ago before the Angels pulled out.  That's the cost.  The speed and bat from left field over a AAA pitcher would certainly help the club now.

^^^This^^^....He can always surprise us but when the only July acquisition in 8 years with Stoneman as GM was Alex Ocho, this thread (and other trade threads) are silly.....not happenin'....

So he's not a puppet or lap dog?

Never thought he was....Reagins was, by most reports....I think Stoneman had a good relationship with Scioscia, even if they disagreed some, but I also tend to think that Scioscia never forgot who hired him as manager....I doubt he ever challenged or tried to overrule Stoneman....he may have with Reagins....

Lind is the perfect kind of DH acquisition (vs all righties, Cron vs lefties), and then Joyce can be traded/DFA'd.

That only leaves LF to solve.   I'm still wondering if Buxton will be activated soon enough for Hicks to be dealt by the Twins.   But per the blurb on espn, Buxton may be out until mid-August.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Detroit is in the thick of the division race. They aren't trading Cespedes.

Are they?  6 back, negative run differential, Miggy out at least 6 weeks, Verlander off his game, Andrew Romine as the listed backup at 1B?.

I mean they wont say it publicly but if they dont think they can keep him they might talk.

You are likely right, but whether they are in our out isnt a given right now

Detroit is in the thick of the division race. They aren't trading Cespedes.

Are they?  6 back, negative run differential, Miggy out at least 6 weeks, Verlander off his game, Andrew Romine as the listed backup at 1B?.

I mean they wont say it publicly but if they dont think they can keep him they might talk.

You are likely right, but whether they are in our out isnt a given right now

Detroit's in a real bind now. They lost their primary offensive hitter and are within about 4 games of claiming a Wild Card slot with an owner who is literally so eager to win before he dies that he is scorch-earthing his farm system to do that very thing.

To top it off they literally have to rely on Marc Krauss now to make up Cabrera's firepower and they have to wait the next couple of weeks to see if they keep winning so they don't sell or if they lose they of course will sell.

To make the decision right at this moment would come from the owner and I just don't think he's ready to give up. If they sell it will be in the last week before the deadline.