• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bikers encouraged to be armed at "Draw Muhammed" contest outside of Phoenix mosque

I am all for it. If some Muslims living in America can't tolerate/respect free speech rights, then they can move to the Islamic State. My guess is most Muslims won't be all that bothered by this.

Why are you "all for" people being obnoxious and provocative assholes under the guise of free speech?

Sure, be "all for" free speech, but unless you'd be seeking out this event were it in your area... Well, you're not "all for" it.

Merca has really gone off the deep end. I do realize that the F Islam tees are free speech but that isn't taunting and if you don't like it go back to the Islamic State. So if I show up at your place selling F You tees and holding cartoon contests about what you believe in, Merca says you just should shoot me.  But you would be violating my right to free speech. 

I understand and fully support the right to free speech, but when you're encouraging people to bring arms to your demonstration it's very close to crossing a line.  That's almost, if not actually, inciting (or at the very least trying) to incite.  Not all speech is allowed and this is quite close to yelling "fire" in a theater.

I understand and fully support the right to free speech, but when you're encouraging people to bring arms to your demonstration it's very close to crossing a line.  That's almost, if not actually, inciting (or at the very least trying) to incite.  Not all speech is allowed and this is quite close to yelling "fire" in a theater.

If you're encouraging people to come to an event armed, you're admitting that you are deliberately trying to provoke a violent reaction. The same people who are selling said t-shirts would probably come unglued if F-- Christianity t-shirts were sold.

If you're encouraging people to come to an event armed, you're admitting that you are deliberately trying to provoke a violent reaction. The same people who are selling said t-shirts would probably come unglued if F-- Christianity t-shirts were sold.

I would come unglued about both.  I think your statement is a little over the top.

Why are you "all for" people being obnoxious and provocative assholes under the guise of free speech?

Sure, be "all for" free speech, but unless you'd be seeking out this event were it in your area... Well, you're not "all for" it.

I am all for free speech and it is good to see these people not intimidated by the radicals that have, literally, attempted to kill those who are exercising their free speech rights. So props to these people for standing up to that.

That being said, I don't support violent provocation (I never read the article linked herein, but from the comments in this thread, it sounds like attendees were told to bring weapons; I don't support such a thing). Nor would I ever deliberately insult a decent person's religious beliefs.