• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Smith: Angels fans, where are your All-Star votes?

Yeah, articles like this just reinforce the wrong attitude towards voting.  I see the Angels play every day; I want to see the best players out there.  I don't vote for people for the ASG just b/c they play for the Angels.

word for word what i was going to say.

"Smith: Angels fans, where are your All-Star votes?"

Seriously?? lol  Who are the players with the stats to garner those votes? Other than Mike Trout and maybe Street (and fans don't vote for pitchers), no other player from our team has stats worthy of consideration. Calhoun would be the closest besides Trout on the team, but really his stats are somewhat pedestrian at the moment. I am glad we have him, though, but we need him to start swinging it a bit more again.l

Edited by EDinTUSTIN

Yeah, articles like this just reinforce the wrong attitude towards voting.  I see the Angels play every day; I want to see the best players out there.  I don't vote for people for the ASG just b/c they play for the Angels.

You're voting for Derek Jeter, aren't you?

2nd most among OFers, 5th most overall which is kind of a joke.

Why is it a joke? Harper is having a much better year. There are a few other players that are having at least as good years as Trout.

We need a new Angelswin meme for Trout-related butthurt: Whenever someone mentions another non-Angel in a positive light that can vaguely be related to Trout in some way. Bryce Harper is the most common name mentioned that insights "Trouthurt."

NL and AL stats for voting are separate, no? In which case Harper and Trout aren't directly comparable in the vote. They're the two best all around outfielders in the game. I certainly would vote for Harper to play - and Trout too. Even a slightly slumping Trout (or Harper) is better than a streaking average outfielder.

Calhoun would deserve to play if he were an infielder with his stats. As an outfielder however he's solid but not an all star.

Why is it a joke? Harper is having a much better year. There are a few other players that are having at least as good years as Trout.

We need a new Angelswin meme for Trout-related butthurt: Whenever someone mentions another non-Angel in a positive light that can vaguely be related to Trout in some way. Bryce Harper is the most common name mentioned that insights "Trouthurt."

It's a joke because, Salvador Perez is currently the votes leader and Lorenzo Cain with his .750ish OPS is the leading OFer. Where did I mention anything about Harper? He's having a monster year and is at a whole different level than anyone else. What does this have to do with Harper again?

What are you getting so worked up about??   He's talking about Cain being the leading vote-getter among AL OFers, and there being four guys ahead of Trout overall.   You're so eager to pop Angels fans for "butt-hurt" you are inventing the butt-hurt.  Harper's 1,116K votes would put him 9th in the AL, behind KC Royals players like Mike Moustakas, Salvador Perez, Lorenzo Cain, Alcides Escobar, and just ahead of Eric Hosmer.

EDIT: Just saw Arch already responded, I'm not wanting to pile on but the whole Angels fans are butt hurt narrative is getting overplayed a bit in this instance.

Edited by Inside Pitch