• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our high priced slugger is better than yours :)

Chuck

Of course he is, while he completely ignores the last three years where Albert was the much better player.

Much better than Fielder? Yeah, in Fielder's injured 2014.

WAR by year per BB Ref:

2012: Pujols 4.8/Fielder 4.7

2013: Pujols 1.2/Fielder 1.9

2014: Pujols 3.1/Fielder -.4

2015: Pujols .3/Fielder 1.4

2012-2014: Pujols 9.1/Fielder 6.2

So 1 WAR per year. Pujols has given back 1 WAR so far this year.

Pujols was MUCH better last year, mostly because of Fielder's injury, Fielder was at a par in 2012 and better in 2013 (Pujols' injury).

And now I see Chuck's post above mine and feel like an asshole for making jokes.

I'm just relaying a real life story that may help this guy out. 

When we signed Pujols, it was an early Christmas for all of us. I have stood by the signing since day one because of that. I hope for the best from our prized slugger, but understand he's aging fast and on a decline.

That said, I cannot imagine any interaction that would cause someone to exhibit hate as much as some on here do toward Pujols. It is NOT your money, it's Arte's. If it has strapped him from making future deals, guess what, it's still NOT your money. I'm sure Arte regrets the deal now, but at the same time, we have a future hall of famer on our team and I can tell you from what I've heard on the inside, that Pujols HAS had a major impact on Trout from DAY ONE! 

Guess what. Once Pujols retires, he will be in our front office for 10 more years. QUIT HATING. One of the best players in baseball for a decade that we've got to witness is on our team -- and while he's not the best anymore, he's still better than 50% of other teams first baseman at season end.

I don't know about the hate stuff in this thread as I know no one here personally.

That being said, if Albert had numbers even close to Cabrera's I'd be voting for him. As a 50+ years fan of the game, I'm voting for those I think deserve to start in the all star game. Albert will not be getting my vote.

I don't know about the hate stuff in this thread as I know no one here personally.

That being said, if Albert had numbers even close to Cabrera's I'd be voting for him. As a 50+ years fan of the game, I'm voting for those I think deserve to start in the all star game. Albert will not be getting my vote.

Nor mine (as a 40+ year fan).