• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does AW feel too much like a news feed than a forum?

ABC

Alden's news feed has been removed.

If you guys see something on the LA Times or from Alden that hasn't been RSS'd into the forum here, post away!

Not a fan of this decision Chuck. He has been at the last couple of fanfests the least you can do is have his stuff autosent here, it truly isn't a big deal to scroll up or down a little bit or to go to page two.

Not a fan of this decision Chuck. He has been at the last couple of fanfests the least you can do is have his stuff autosent here, it truly isn't a big deal to scroll up or down a little bit or to go to page two.

The problem is many of the topic titles and subject matter are the same, so it's overly redundant, Scott. I find myself deleting them more times than not because of this. There is no disrespect to Alden who is a good friend and guy. His work is amazing, as is Fletcher's. 

Why do members tend to stay away from posting in auto threads? I think had I posted the "​Calhoun hoping to return Friday against Astros" thread there would be 5-10 replies however the MLB auto-thread went empty.

For the most part news travels so fast around here that a thread gets started about a topic, before there is an actual article and auto thread that is created. I also think people tend to contribute to the threads that are already discussing the topic. However, while a member started thread on the topic may be more of a "rumor" or "discussion," IMO the actual articles "solidify" that rumor or discussion into fact.

I do notice from time to time, if even 1 person posts in the news story thread, it can snowball, and people for the most part start to contribute. But again, that's usually if it's not being discussed in another forum, which is not a common occurrence around here.

I personally like the news threads, even if there are 0 replies. It doesn't muddy up the forum or distract me at all, and because usually there are 0 replies, it makes its way to the second page by the end of the day and is out of the way. Although I don't typically read the articles, it allows me to get a quick recap of what's going on in the world of the Angels that day by just browsing the forum topic titles, without having to jump through hoops or visit the MLB site. I like that a lot.

Why do members tend to stay away from posting in auto threads? I think had I posted the "​Calhoun hoping to return Friday against Astros" thread there would be 5-10 replies however the MLB auto-thread went empty.

I think people like to read and respond quickly. Clicking out to another website disrupts our natural instinct to explain to other people why they are wrong about everything.

Also, until someone else joins, you're just talking to a computer.

I like those postings -- if it's something interesting, I check out the link and read the story, if not, I don't.

like others have mentioned in this thread, I don't have a lot of time for this stuff so I like all the information in one place and enjoy, in particular, the OCR feeds especially since Fletcher's stuff is often there and he posts on this site......

so no complaints about the current set up.

I think AW.com is great as is.

I like that AW is a one stop shop for all Angels news and discussion. Before the news feeds was there ever any Angels news that slipped through the cracks? 

My belief is that all news was reported because members felt like they received gold stars for posting Angels and MLB news before anyone else and it felt good to have something to participate with. I believe that more news was reported than currently because many members think the feeds from MLB and OCR are the be all and end all for Angels news. And I feel that there is much less interaction now because, like others have stated, the news feeds are impersonal. 

This is NOT a Chucktarship.

If you want Alden Gonzalez back, just let me know.

Chuck,

I like having all the news feeds here too. It's one stop shopping. I have an idea: Let's create a forum for all news feeds (and bring back DiGi as well). All the news would go there, and it would be one stop shopping. If someone wants to comment on it, then s/he can create a thread in the main forum relating to it. That way, it will clean up the main forum and still provide those of us with all the news.

Chuck,

I like having all the news feeds here too. It's one stop shopping. I have an idea: Let's create a forum for all news feeds (and bring back DiGi as well). All the news would go there, and it would be one stop shopping. If someone wants to comment on it, then s/he can create a thread in the main forum relating to it. That way, it will clean up the main forum and still provide those of us with all the news.

As these are RSS feeds, you could set up a reader on your phone or computer...

As these are RSS feeds, you could set up a reader on your phone or computer...

I could, but I like coming here to read and discuss and browse from article to article. If we put them all in a different forum, it would clean up the main daily forum and would still allow those of us who want it here to have it and won't bother those who don't.

I like how people jock him.

You'll see someone post the same thing as Jeff a couple posts ahead but people will quote Jeff hoping to get a response from him.

I do dig his inside perspective though that usually clears up the nonsense some people post about regarding things like personalities, what people in the organization or front office think, etc.

i like how you jocked him in your last paragraph

another brown guy eliminatedthe cleansing continues...

Chuck has been reading the political forum and likes the ideas that have been instituted by the U.S. over the last 200 plus years.

Something about Rubio's quote.

Edited by Kevin