• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sayonara Hamilton

I revisited this article with a former mentor of Josh's. He really should retire and get his life right, especially now he's divorcing. And this article is very interesting that things have been off with him since the middle of last season. I can really see why the Angels have taken such a strong stance like they have.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2015/02/26/josh-hamilton-relapse-mlb-suspension-roy-silver/24060571/

Does anyone believe Josh will settle for less than he is owed?

What team would take him in a trade even if we eat most of his contract?

How in the world would the players know if Hamilton is ready to play? Have they seen him hit off of major league pitching? Seems like they are just pulling for him.

I think they were referring to resuming baseball activities not step onto a MLB field.

Does anyone believe Josh will settle for less than he is owed?

What team would take him in a trade even if we eat most of his contract?

I was reading on yahoo or msn the other day about speculation that negotiations would be about .75 to .85 cents on the dollar buyout. Also if the whole wife cheating allegations are in fact true the Angels organization are going to look like complete assholes. I can't imagine a ton of players wanting to line up for a team that throws their players under the bus.

I was reading on yahoo or msn the other day about speculation that negotiations would be about .75 to .85 cents on the dollar buyout. Also if the whole wife cheating allegations are in fact true the Angels organization are going to look like complete assholes. I can't imagine a ton of players wanting to line up for a team that throws their players under the bus.

What does one have to do with the other? It's ok to do drugs if your wife cheats on you?

I don't think one is relevant to the other. Hamilton has been having issues with his performance for two seasons, and as per his friend's interview, has been having motivation problems since last summer. And it isn't as though he's pure as driven snow, what with all the stripper photos/etc.

Are the Angels supposed to keep a player who isn't producing and seems to have clashed with the front office simply because he's getting a divorce? They have a long record of supporting their players overall, and hopefully most would understand that the Hamilton case is an anomaly.

25% off discount on his new contract.

He will play with Angels and Arte's bad image will fix.

Fans cheer up Josh, addiction support group cheer him up.

Matt Joyce not too scary at bat but 250 lb new Josh.

Soome players and his spokesman CJ said he is ready to go.

So good ending right?

This is the greatest post ever made btw

25% off discount on his new contract.

He will play with Angels and Arte's bad image will fix.

Fans cheer up Josh, addiction support group cheer him up.

Matt Joyce not too scary at bat but 250 lb new Josh.

Soome players and his spokesman CJ said he is ready to go.

So good ending right?

You realize this is too long for a haiku, right?

In the blink of an eye the Angels let Torii Hunter walk, then signed Hamilton, and just days later traded Kendry's Morales for Jason Vargas (he's gone).

My RF Toriitown group went from a planned MOTOWN for Morales to HAMILTOWN,

What a huge mistake this organization made.

Motown wouldve been badass. Morales in RF would have just been bad though

Motown wouldve been badass. Morales in RF would have just been bad though

Yeah we were thinking DH with Morales just like Matsui was with Matsuiland. It's a lot of fun out in the RF stands. The CALZONE sign for Calhoun will be making its debut very soon. Hoping some @ngelswin peeps will join in.

Edited by CALZONE

Yeah, you should be supportive of someone going through something like that. But, on the other hand, hamilton is far from being unique for having problems at home, and i mean that specifically towards other baseball players (as opposed to normal people like us). Plenty of other guys have had the exact same things happen to them, but just like you and I, we still have to go to work.

Its hard to justify a leave of absence for a guy or something like that. Im completely sympathetic, if your spouse cheats or it just falls apart, its one the hardest things any person can go through. But you have to go to work. And i just have the feeling a big part of this has been hamilton kind of going off the grid. I have nothing to back that up, just a suspicion. And i dont mean that judging the guy, i think it just seems (from the outside looking in) that he had his personal life turn upside down and hes taken a sabatical of sorts while he deals with it. If thats the case, i can see why the front office is unsympathetic