• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

IE Angels Express canceled for opening night.

....or people that are smart about drinking and driving.

I'm maybe 10 minutes away from the stadium and will be looking to get a group together to train from Tustin to the hub and over to the stadium.

how is the walk from the station back home at night?

No, the Angels Express leaves 30 minutes after the last out or at 11:30, whichever comes first. The last train of the night is an Amtrak at 11:04, aside from that. So even if a 7 o'clock game ends up going four hours, you're going to get a train.

They're generally pretty good about making sure people don't get stranded. There was one time last season where the train had an issue and wasn't going to get there. The Metrolink people went up and down the platforms to find out where everyone was going, and then they arranged for all of us to take the next Amtrak free of charge. And the Amtrak did the local stops that are usually skipped so everyone could get home.

I've never understood the aversion to mass transit. The Angels Express is smart, there's no traffic and you can drink at the game.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Los Angeles. Sometimes I'm on my own, sometimes with friends, but either way we always end up doing the train.

oh ok. That's cool. I was thinking you were in the IE since you seemed bummed about this news. Was going to say if you were close by, and we happened to be going to the same game, i could help you out with a ride.

I've never really used mass transit except in big cities like Portland or SF, but I'm not opposed to it. I remember a bunch of our Del Mar trips people would group together in OC and make it down to SD having a blast.

yeah, the Del Mar trip is a blast.

I've used it a lot in SF, Chicago,etc.

what we have is much less convenient than it is in citites with real mass transit sytems

i'm getting a unicycle