• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California governor orders mandatory water restrictions

no surprises in this. i imagine my landlord will want to look at our front lawn and figure out if that's what we really need.

at school, i recycle plastic bottles and have done so for years. when i find bottles around the campus, i'll take them to my room. some of the bottles still have water in them that the kids didn't drink, so i've been collecting that to take home and use on the lawn. there's a place in my room where the kids put their water bottles. those that have water left, i combine them into one bottle until it's filled before taking it home. a couple of weeks ago, i had six or seven of these bottles filled with water. came back from the weekend to discover i only had two left. i have no idea what happened to the other four or five. there's a chinese group that uses my room on sundays, and my fear is that someone may have thought these were brand new bottles of drinking water.

If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down.

What a dumbass state. We have had this problem for a while and they'd rather spend the money on some high speed train that is still in limbo. They should have addressed this problem a long time ago.

On a side note, I'm interested to see the hit to medical marijuana crops. Standard growing consumes a lot of water. Hydro systems, which ironically use water as a base to grow, use less water and get better results. I wonder if this will switch growers once water bills come in for soil and coco users.

You should read the article before spouting this crap again. He ordered farms and govt to reduce by 25% as well

I believe the article said the governor's mandate will "affect..to some degreee, farmers." I believe it was in reference to keeping better track of where the water is going.

In the second-to-last paragraph, the article states that the order doesn't contain a mandate for farmers.  This is the shitty part.  80% of our water goes to 2% of our overall economy.  Seems as though farmers need to bring their watering systems to the Twenty-first Century.  Flooding fields is probably not the most efficient way of watering.  I dunno.  I'm neither a farmer, nor an expert in agriculture.

You should read the article before spouting this crap again. He ordered farms and govt to reduce by 25% as well

I love the anger. 

I will repeat my question:  Based on the information I have read, (see my link) the residents currently use 10% of the water in the state.  So before any Jerry Brown restrictions, if every resident stopped flushing the toilet, stopped drinking tap water, and stopped watering their grass, at best the water reduction in the state would only go down 10%.  Do I have the math right?

Yes and if "urban" users (that is, residential, commercial, industrial, and large landscape, combined) reduce their usage by 25%, then that affects the overall state usage by 2.5%.  Big inconvenience, small benefit.

Isn't math fun?

Set aside the environmental concerns about fracking. 

How much water does it use?

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/california_fracking/faq.html

The only thing that, to date, has been discussed regarding water in CA has been, basically, replacing lawns with drought-resistant plants.

There are a LOT of factors that go into the water/california equation. 

I'd like to know more.

The answer is simple.  Califonians drive a lot.  Hydrogen makes water.  Replace all cars by July 2015 with Hydrogen cars.  If everyone drove a car that made water, think of all the water in the state!!!!  And if you are one of those that insist on any other method of cardom, then increase yearly vehicle registration fees to $20,000 for non hydrogen cars.  With that money, we can then truck in more water.  

It's a surefire plan.  Oh, and I want a few billion dollars to make a high speed train that will never get built.

Set aside the environmental concerns about fracking. 

How much water does it use?

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/california_fracking/faq.html

The only thing that, to date, has been discussed regarding water in CA has been, basically, replacing lawns with drought-resistant plants.

There are a LOT of factors that go into the water/california equation. 

I'd like to know more.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Waste-Water-from-Oil-Fracking-Injected-into-Clean-Aquifers-282733051.html