• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who the hell is Rucinski

NrM

I noticed he has pretty good numbers in the minors, but hasn't compiled a lot of innings as a starter. I'm guessing he's had a lot of injuries?

Does he have good stuff? Looks like his fastball sits around 93.

He was 25 last year and did well in Arkansas.

Seems to be shutting down the rockies starters and is having one of the better springs of any angels pitcher.

Edited by Poozy

Cool thanks. Here's fangraphs writeup on him.

RHP Drew Rucinski (Cleveland signed him out of the Indy Leagues, then released him, then the Angels signed him out of the Indy Leagues in 2013 and he reached the big leagues in 2014; works 92-94 with a splitter that’s above average at times that helped post good numbers as a starter in Double-A in 2014).

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/evaluating-the-prospects-los-angeles-angels/

with all the nasty change up guys in camp, it makes sense that he'd be able to pick up some tips.  

if he can truly be 92-94 with deception and solid secondary pitches, that's pretty damn good.  

there were 17 qualified starting pitchers in all of mlb who averaged 93mph or better on their fastball.  

He needs to grow and beard and then we'll like him better.  

Shoemaker in 2014.

Rucinski in 2015?

Sometimes I wonder if we won't end up asking the same thing about Nate Smith down the road.   Kid just knows how to pitch and while he doesn't awe anyone with pure stuff, that change-up is really really good, the FB ticks up at times, particularly for a LHP, and he knows how to work both of his curves..

I'd agree if Smith weren't so hittable. 

Smith's career H/9 of 7.2 (6.9 last year), sort of argues he's not that hitable.  

I mean, Rucinski had a H/9 of 8.6.  Roth who you were very fond of was at 7.8, both pitched in the same park as did Smith.  Garret Richards' lowest H/9 in the minors was 7.7  Andrew Heaney's career minor league H/9 is 7.9...    To date Smith's allowed 123 hits in 153 minor league innings.   There isn't much of a track record there I admit... but if he's that hitable it's not yet manifested itself in his performances...

Perhaps you're predicting he will start getting tagged as he moves up?   Maybe you can elaborate.  

Edited by Inside Pitch