• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone know of or take natural, herb, or alternative supplements or dieting?

I know a couple of supplements are legit like milk thistle for the liver, but I got a little curious today and am doing research, but figured I'd see if anyone is taking anything or has seen legit results.

Long story short, I started working with a client today who owns and operates a Mexican natural dispensary out of his home (red flag, I know)....although, for the area of Anaheim this isn't out of the realm of obscure or abnormal. The dude seems to have some certs on the wall and I see one as hypnotherapy. But what caught my eye is something I never heard of, iridology. It's basically where he can observe your eyes and iris to see ailments. We had some down time so as I get to know a bit about his business I ask if he can look at my eyes and give me a diagnosis. He states that I have some veins in a certain area that look like I don't get rid of toxins...so he asks if I drink enough water during the day and he is correct, I don't and know it's something I need to get back on. He also sees high blood pressure which I have known about for some time. So he nails two ailments I have and I'm intrigued. The dude has shelves of supplements, natural remedies, and all sorts of health stuff. He shows me some stuff for different ailments and recommends for me silica and oxygen drops....says in two weeks it flushes out the veins and unclogs the arteries, which promote blood pressure and will eliminate my ailment.....I do have treatable high blood pressure (aka eat better and hit the gym a bit more).

So I'm looking stuff up now and curious if anyone does anything similar or uses natural remedies. Unfortunately, everything I pull up says absolute quack and bullshit with the silica....actually, the stuff on the internet doesn't even point to relieving high blood pressure. But the dude nailed my blood pressure issue without normal checking. At worst he at least got me thinking about it to where I hit up a Vitamin Shoppe and bought a bunch of stuff I used to take to promote health and working out. I was thinking about going back tomorrow to pick up the stuff, but am not sure if it's bs.

My friend convinced me to try Chromium for pre-diabetes.  The main symptoms I had was tingling of the fingers.  After taking the chromium for about a week, that tingling went away.  Haven't had a diabedes test in a while, so will be interesting to see what level I'm at now.

I've been counting calories in the last two weeks and working out hard. Did a lot of research and started taking a few supplements. Right now I'm taking a BCAA, a scoop of whey protein (30g), and fish oil.

I definitely feel better after work outs and would highly recommend any and all of what I'm taking: especially if you are dieting.

Yeah, what I picked up yesterday was more bcaas, a new pre (for the days I can workout), and a fat burner (the new cellucor formula that used to be the old t7 and d4 stack) because my schedule is nuts to workout often and I need the energy boost.

My main workout regiment was

Pre: preworkout + bcaa

During: bcaa

Going to find or refill the rest today: multi, fish oil (heard from a cancer doctor this stuff is terrible for us), and someone gave me that garcinia cambrosia stuff that I'm sure is bogus, but why not.

More interested in some of the natural remedies some of the guys have posted though.

We take whole pure food multi-vitamins, pro-biotics, digestive enzymes, an omega supplement and essential oils.  All of them are all natural non-GMO products.  Also take drink a all natural greens powder mixed with natural organic apple juice.

We don't get as sick as we used to and we feel we have more energy.

whey (ON double rich chocolate)

creatine mono

bcaas

l-glutamine

multi

fish oil

zinc (hehe)

I also like tonalin CLA if i feel like im packing on a few extra from stress.

How do you like creatine?  I've been considering it for a while, but haven't bit the bullet, yet.

How do you like creatine?  I've been considering it for a while, but haven't bit the bullet, yet.

its awesome.

old fashion monohydrate is where its at.

one of the few tried and true proven supps.

you will hold a little water weight on it but its no big deal.

I have increased my intake of this crazy thing called H2O. Close to a gallon a day. I have lost weight, skin looks better and I feel better.

I am thinking about ginseng

Be careful not to over do it with the water.  I ended up in the ER in September for water intoxication. Too much water in a short time on a very dry hot day.

my doctor recommended niacin for my borderline high cholesterol

but you have to make sure its nicotonic acid as the main ingredient

the brand i use is enduracin

gives you the blood rush feeling you may get from drinking a 5 hour energy but my cholesterol has gone down tremendously in the past 6 months

my doctor recommended niacin for my borderline high cholesterol

but you have to make sure its nicotonic acid as the main ingredient

the brand i use is enduracin

gives you the blood rush feeling you may get from drinking a 5 hour energy but my cholesterol has gone down tremendously in the past 6 months

I take Niacin for triglycerides.  It is a B vitamin and works great.